I'm looking to evolve to the next plane. Anyone made the journey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, an ancient thread reborn recently, it seems.

Just to provide an update of sorts on this, I am well into the journey. I ended up networking with a man named Ferran Adria, who's probably forgotten more about this topic (which I'll now refer to as 'modernist' as opposed to molecular gastronomy) than I will ever know.

Anyhow, I've been working on the concepts of the chemistry of food pretty regularly since developing an interest in it, and have really expanded the horizons of what I can accomplish with it.

....as an added bonus, I converted the sunroom adjoined to my kitchen into a mad scientist's lab, and actually built an external "addition" to my house to place some of the more toxic chemical tanks I now work with (who woulda thought that leaving a chemical tank in your house could kill you in a matter of seconds if it sprung even the tiniest of leaks, and you'd never even know it?). I'm not sure how effective this style is for the primary reason I took up cooking in the first place (stress relief), given the healthy respect one must always show to something like liquid nitrogen, but it certainly makes things interesting!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom