I'm new, I'm Italian and I love cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pizzamargherita

Assistant Cook
Dear all,

I choose pizzamargherita as nickname because I'm Italian and I love pizza!
When I will learn to post pictures I will attach the ones of my last pizzas.
I subscribe to this forum because I need to learn english, please help me asking everithing you want to know about REAL italian cooking. It will be a pleasure for me to try to explain.
Thanks to everybody!!!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! It's wonderful to have you here.

I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. We were in northern Italy just a few weeks ago. One of the things that we love so much about the pizza is that the tomato sauce on the pizzas is so fresh tasting. I have attempted this at home, but can't seem to make it properly. Any advice to make authentic pizza sauce for pizza margherita? Thanks!!:)

(Maybe I should ask this elsewhere, but I couldn't help myself having just returned from Italy!)

Last edited:
Hello to all!
Thank you so much for your greeting!
I'm a Lady....so...Bella! :)
I want to replay to Velochic about Tomato sauce for Pizza.
I know that around the world the tomato sauce used for pizza is cooked so, the taste of pizza is like a RAGU'.
In Italy we use the piled tomato in tin. We just shake it and put in top of Pizza with mozzarella, oregano and olive oil (Margherita). The pizza is ready for the hoven!
If you like, I can give to you some advice for the dough.
In this moment I'm writing from Maputo (Mozambique) where my husband is working for a construction company and I always try to find Italian tomato tin because with other type of tomato the taste is totally different! Italian tomato is very expensive abroad...but it's necessary for to make a really Italian Pizza.
Thanks again!
Bye Bye
Elisa

Hi, I'm new to this site also. Looking forward to your pizza's. Am senior and disabled but love to cook when I can. I joined this forum to find easy 4-5 ingredient recipes as I can't stand for long peroids of cooking. Good luck with your English.

Hi, I'm new to this site also. Looking forward to your pizza's. Am senior and disabled but love to cook when I can. I joined this forum to find easy 4-5 ingredient recipes as I can't stand for long peroids of cooking. Good luck with your English.

Welcome to DC. I'm retired and have a bad back so I too look for things that don't make me stand too long. I'd never be able to make risotto for instance, but stews and casseroles are easier since I can work on them gradually. I often gather together things I need to chop and do them sitting down to save wear and tear on my back.

Elisa, welcome to DC. I am also Italian, but born and raised in New York and so is my husband. One of our dreams is that we take a trip to Italy and experience real Italian food. It's great to have you here and hopefully we'll learn some great tips and recipes from you.

Oh, btw, I think your english is very good.

Back
Top Bottom