In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think of you often, Katie, and wonder how you are doing. It will be hard during the upcoming holidays. Do you have plans for the holidays? Can you do something special away from home, stay with family or friends?

I don't know, Beth. I'm afraid to think of the holidays, especially since December 18th will be the 6-month anniversary of Buck's death AND our wedding anniversary.

No one in the family has mentioned either Thanksgiving or Christmas, so not sure what will happen. I try not to think about it.

{{{{{{Katie}}}}}}, could be that they are dreading it too and don't know how to bring it up. Maybe you can call them and mention it. You know, Buck would want you to celebrate the holidays and be with your loving family. I know, easy for me to say. Just know, that I am thinking of you and I wish you a magical season and beautiful memories.

Katie, the first Thanksgiving after my dad had died in September, we were all wondering just how the day would go - not knowing whether to celebrate as usual, or what. All of us (7 kids with spouses and grandkids) went to Mom's for the day taking and making all the food. We could feel the spirit of dad in all that we did, but it was so good for mom. She had a couple of weepy spells but told us how much it meant for us to be there and bolster her through what could have been a hard time. Your kids may feel the way we did and just aren't sure. Family situations can be a bit sticky as you probably know. I hope you do have a wonderful holiday and remembering their dad will be good for all of you.

Holidays are tough, Katie. My mother died the day before Thanksgiving and my father-in-law died two days before. One thing that helps me to get through times like that is to throw myself into doing something to help someone else. If you don't end up getting together with the kids, you might think about volunteering someplace where they're serving free Thanksgiving dinners to the poor.

Hi Katie... I kinda know what you are going through. Holidays stink now that I don't have my parents to share them with.

Anyhow Katie... please know that I think about you often and hold you close to my heart with thougths and prayers.

happy thanksgiving, katie.

you and buck will be in my thoughts, and at my family's table tomorrow.

I think we are all thinking of you...
my mind often wandered to you and buck.. I hope he will guard you through the hard times to come..

3061549270_0e67313820.jpg

May his memory be a blessing during the holiday season for all of those who knew and love him. Have a great holiday Katie.

I remeber Buck with great pleasure. I won't say have a happy thanksgiving - do have a good one and build up a few new memories. All my love and prayers

Ray

Thank you, everyone. I know you loved Buck. He touched so many people in his short life and left an indelible mark on mine. He was/is the best. I can't tell you how comforting all your comments are to me. It's as though his big bear-like arms are hugging me. I so miss those hugs.

I spent my Thanksgiving in the Atlanta, Georgia area with three of our children and all five of our grandchildren. Lots of visiting, lots of food and very little sleep, but all worth it.

Our oldest grandson, Seth, sat and talked with me late on Friday before I was to leave Saturday morning. Seth's going to be 9 and is wise beyond is short years.

He solemnly said as we were sitting at the kitchen table on Friday, "Grandma, when Grandpa Buck died, I don't have any more grandpas. Would you get me another one?"

Whoa! What does a grandmother say to that? Guess it's possible since, by today's standards, I'm still young. Not 60 yet, so I have some years left. Who knows? Maybe grandma can deliver someday on Seth's request.

He also asked me if I could just come and live with him because he didn't want me to go home. I told him I had to take care of my house and my kitties, but I could come and get him during the summer and take him to my house for a nice long stay...on the approval of his parents. He seemed okay with that answer.

Buck would've loved the visit I had with the children and grandchildren.

So sorry to hear all this - My thoughts and prayers are with you and all those who are suffering through this with you. God bless, Reanie

Back
Top Bottom