In the Kitchen Monday, 6/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Monday !!
Sliced 'Bella Caps and Yellow Squash Medallions, Grilled, along side a Montreal-Seasoned Grass-Fed Strip Steak... Peas for Color ! Salad, of

course !

NY Strip, 6-2020.jpg

It's more like Must-go Monday at our place. I've already cleared out the ham-beans-greens Pyrex. Other leftovers are a wedge of pastrami calzone, chicken and mushrooms, and last night's brats.

We went fancy tonight. Arugula and pear salad with pear vinaigrette. Then, pan-seared potato gnocchi with buerre noissette (browned butter) finished with black truffle finishing salt, grated aged provolone and black truffle shavings. The gnocchi dish was from 1 of the dinners at the James Beard home.

Attachments

• 2020-06-08 18.15.48.jpg
    2020-06-08 18.15.48.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 2020-06-08 18.41.02.jpg
    2020-06-08 18.41.02.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 155
We had panko-crusted orange roughy that was browned and crisped in butter and olive oil. Steamed fresh whole green beans with butter. Yeast rolls and butter, along with iced tea. We were too full for dessert.

Hub and I had pan fried ham steak and steamed baby spinach.

The first plan was for grilled burgers, but DH didn't get enough sleep, so he wasn't up for grilling them. The second plan was for chicken piccata, but,I ran out of spoons (I didn't get enough sleep either - danged pandemic stress) half way through making the salad to go with it. So, I made a country omelette with feta and scallions instead. We had that with toast. I had already made a ranchoid dressing to go with the salad. That worked out well. Some sort of chicken dish tomorrow, since I have already defrosted the chicken breasts.

We had to switch Pizza Monday and Taco Tuesday around because I didn't have pepperoni or cheese.

So, TB had tacos and I had taco salad.

Fruit salad for dessert

The plan was to be creative with chicken tenders but DH was hungry and had me pick up up 5 Guys burgers on my way home after running errands.

I made lamb kebabs last night and grilled some onion, bell peppers and zucchini. I chopped the vegetables and mixed them with Israeli couscous, fresh herbs and a vinaigrette made with white wine vinegar. Served it with tzatziki and sliced tomato.
20200608_205928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom