Insomnia Eats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, a calorie is a calorie, it's the same amount of energy whether you get it from fruits, veggies, protein, fat, carbs...the kicker is, you can have a larger serving of lean proteins and veggies and feel full longer than with servings of carbs and fats. Fruits do take a bit longer to digest and your body to utilize d/t to the conversion of fructose to glucose in your system and the fiber involved makes you feel fuller, too.

Since I no longer work nights, I am still having issues of when I get hungry, even a year later. 11 years on night shift...it wasn't until I moved to dayshift that my health problems started.

It's important for you to decide if you are really hungry or just eating to kill time while you are awake at odd hours. If you are really hungry...eat!

I struggle with the why I am eating and also with the stopping when I am satisfied instead of when I am full. I am also learning to accept the fact that my time for eating some things has passed. Life is just easier once you have cleaned the sugar and starch out of your system, going back and forth is not worth it. It is just hard to change the habits of a lifetime. sometimes I think I won't figure it out until the hearse puts its blinker on to pull into the cemetery. I guess ya just keep living and hopefully learning as ya trudge along. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom