Instant® Accu Slim Sous Vide Cooker Round #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I bought a tray of Costco Boneless Pork Loin Chops, and seasoned each one and vacuum sealed them individually for later cooking and eating.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

I set the Sous Vide to 140° for 2 hours.
In the meantime I baked a small-ish Sweet Potato to firm,
we really don't care for the mush.
Once the Chop and everything else was ready to go,
I put my Cast Iron Skillet on the gas burner to "rippin' hot and smokin".
I open all of the doors and seared all sides of the Chop, sliced it
and served up two lovely plates of Thursday Night Supper.

DH said that this was so juicy and tasty that he didn't need any Horseradish to doctor it :LOL:
I'll take that as a compliment :chef:

I bought a tray of Costco Boneless Pork Loin Chops, and seasoned each one and vacuum sealed them individually for later cooking and eating.

I set the Sous Vide to 140° for 2 hours.
In the meantime I baked a small-ish Sweet Potato to firm,
we really don't care for the mush.
Once the Chop and everything else was ready to go,
I put my Cast Iron Skillet on the gas burner to "rippin' hot and smokin".
I open all of the doors and seared all sides of the Chop, sliced it
and served up two lovely plates of Thursday Night Supper.

DH said that this was so juicy and tasty that he didn't need any Horseradish to doctor it :LOL:
I'll take that as a compliment :chef:

Gotta love sous vide!

I was watching "Good Eats" yesterday. First thing Brown said was $100 should be the starting point.
Secondly, he said to look for how much water it turned over. Kinda like an aquarium filter. They are measured by gallons per hour.
I cannot find this info anywhere. Price is easy to find, but how much water it moves cannot be found?

I was watching "Good Eats" yesterday. First thing Brown said was $100 should be the starting point.
Secondly, he said to look for how much water it turned over. Kinda like an aquarium filter. They are measured by gallons per hour.
I cannot find this info anywhere. Price is easy to find, but how much water it moves cannot be found?

Not the exact answer your looking for but this is a good test that will answer your question. https://www.techgearlab.com/reviews...ne/instant-pot-accu-slim-immersion-circulator

You've heard me rave about my SV cooking experience. I have and Anova Nano. https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker/nano/

It retails for $129. I got mine on Amazon for $69. before Christmas a couple of years ago. I have no complaints. It doesn't have wifi. Never imagined I'd need it. It does have bluetooth so you can use your smart phone to control and monitor it via an app.

Not the exact answer your looking for but this is a good test that will answer your question. https://www.techgearlab.com/reviews...ne/instant-pot-accu-slim-immersion-circulator

Thanks

You've heard me rave about my SV cooking experience. I have and Anova Nano. https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker/nano/

It retails for $129. I got mine on Amazon for $69. before Christmas a couple of years ago. I have no complaints. It doesn't have wifi. Never imagined I'd need it. It does have bluetooth so you can use your smart phone to control and monitor it via an app.

Thanks Andy. I don't need or want either. I think?

I dunno guys ... I'm doing round 4 today with one B/S & one Bone-in Pork Chop and I think that this Instant® (not Instant Pot as the review above compared to other brands btw) Accu Slim Sous Vide Cooker is:

(I beg to differ with the above review) User friendly
No Wifi - not necessary really
No Apps - that I know of, and frankly, don't need nor want
Cooks the foods nicely
I don't feel that the circulation of the water is an issue

It's a basic, starter Sous Vide Cooker, I really wasn't looking for anything more than that.
As I have not compared head-to-head any other brands, I'm good thanks for what I paid for this unit.
Granted, I've only done meats, Beef Steak and Pork Chops, but I'm sure that some day I'll attempt Sous Vide Egg Bites again, as well as other foods.
Baby steps for now.

Back
Top Bottom