Introduction!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bossman150

Cook
Hello all! I made a couple of recipe posts and thought I had better post here as well.:)

I am a home cook, my great grandmother introduced me to cooking when I was very young. I have been cooking since I was probably 6-7. I am a single father to two boys, one away in college and one that is 11. I also live right next door to my parents and since my mother hates to cook I always cook supper for all of us, "slunch" on the weekends.

In addition to cooking I also love coffee/espresso (For espresso folks I have a La Spazialle Mini Vivaldi and Mahlkonig K30 Vario) PC gaming (gaming rig:Core i5 6600k @4.4, Asrock Z170 Gaming k6, Corsair RM850, G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 16gig, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Founder's edition, CM Storm Stryker white, Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 1tb SSD,CM Hyper D92, 48" curved 4k screen) yes, I am a geek hehe.

I have also recently picked up a new passion, biking. I decided to get serious about it so I bought a 2016 Jamis DXT comp hybrid bicycle. I started riding about 6 weeks ago and I could barley ride 2 miles. On Friday I rode 17 miles which is my personal best. Weighing in at over 388lbs when I started (yes, I love to eat as well as cook). I finally started losing weight last week and when I weighed this morning I was at 374. I was planning on attempting 20 miles this morning, but discovered a split in my front tire. :(

I love to cook and I do some baking as well. I have some great recipes that I have developed or received from family that I will share as I have time. I live near Omaha and I am almost 40 (ouch, hard hearing that!:(). I am divorced and will probably stay single. I am currently trying to decide on a new career after leaving the financial industry after 12 years of working for one of the biggest firms in the world. In the past I have been a cop and state trooper, 911/police/fire/rescue dispatcher and sold cars.

I like most foods but two things I can't stand in any form is anything that has a sweet vinegar like sweet pickles, rice vinegar or any other recipe that combines sugar with vinegar. Horseradish is the other thing that turns my stomach.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Edit: I forgot to mention, when I am sharing my recipes the measurements on non baking items are estimates. I was taught by my Great Grandmother and she never measured anything. I don't either for the most part other than baking. If something is way off please let me know!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2] That's quite an introduction. Congrats on your weight loss.

Just FYI, regular rice vinegar has no sugar in it. Seasoned or "stir-fry rice vinegar" have added sugar and salt. I only buy the regular. If I want to add something, I can do it myself [emoji2]

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2] That's quite an introduction. Congrats on your weight loss.

Just FYI, regular rice vinegar has no sugar in it. Seasoned or "stir-fry rice vinegar" have added sugar and salt. I only buy the regular. If I want to add something, I can do it myself [emoji2]

It does not have any sugar, but it is very sweet and not palatable for me. :)

Ah, okay. I'm a vinegar fiend - I love all kinds ?

As long as its not sweet I am too! Not sure why, probably just because of my absolute loathing of sweet pickles hehe. To be honest though, the only time I have had rice vinegar was on cucumbers and onions, there is always the possibility that someone had added sugar...

As long as its not sweet I am too! Not sure why, probably just because of my absolute loathing of sweet pickles hehe. To be honest though, the only time I have had rice vinegar was on cucumbers and onions, there is always the possibility that someone had added sugar...
I was just telling someone about the quick pickles I like to make to go with stir-fries: sliced cucumbers with rice vinegar, a bit of soy sauce, a little toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds to finish. Yummy :yum:

Hello, and welcome to DC. You mentioned that you like gaming as well as cooking. What games in particular do you like to play? I used to play WOW (World of Warcraft) but haven't in years. May start up again eventually, if I can ind some people to play with that aren't "know-it-all"'s who love to brag.

Hello, and welcome to DC. You mentioned that you like gaming as well as cooking. What games in particular do you like to play? I used to play WOW (World of Warcraft) but haven't in years. May start up again eventually, if I can ind some people to play with that aren't "know-it-all"'s who love to brag.
You just asked the question I was going to! I played wow for years! I have also played Star Wars, rift, Terra but I loved wow the best! :) I have thought about starting again but I don't have the time like I used to! I played a lot before I got divorced, (wasn't in a very good situation and it was a way to escape).

Asheron's Call was my first and favorite, played it online for almost 18 years off and on and I am currently playing a private server. I also spent a lot of time in WOW, SWG and SWtoR. Single dad now to a college student and a special needs 11 year old so the time spent gaming is pretty low. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom