Is a new kitchen a cooking tool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the ideas. Rentals are not allowed in this park. This used to be a beautiful park but has really gone down hill in the last 10 years. And all over town parks in all price ranges are sitting on empty trailers and empty lots, some of them have hundreds of empty's. It's mostly due to the economy. Either people move in with relatives when things get tough or others like us buy places that end up being as cheap or cheaper than buying a trailer and paying lot rent. I doubt that we can pull this place out and keep it in tact. The best we might be able to do is sell it to someone who strips them down and ships them up north where some folks buy them to turn into hunting cabins. Hopefully all this is just worry for nothing. I don't even care if we have to give the thing away as long as we aren't on the hook for lot rent. If it is meant to be...

I just love your new house!!!! It is an American Four Square type and I have always wanted one.

And your kitchen is gonna be great, it is just the vintage type I love. Congrats on getting such a wonderful place and for having the wisdom to work with it rather than "modernize" it.

Leolady, thanks for the info. I goggled American Foursquare and got the info off Wikipedia. It's great to know about the house and the history of the style.

When we moved into the house the kitchen was the original 1950 complete with 9" nails holding the wood and formica units to the wall, with the help of my younger brother and a friend who can plumb we ripped it back to the plaster.The shape was difficult because of the doors and it is smaller than we were used to but we are proud of our work,I did the tileing:)
padeswood 164.jpg

padeswood 165.jpg

padeswood 205.jpg

padeswood 167.jpg

padeswood 170.jpg

You did a very nice job, indeed! You designed you layout very well considering the limited space you have, especially fitting in the washer and dryer! The only major drawback I see is having very limited cabinet space. I also like the stainless steel oven/range unit.

Congratulations! :chef:

Thank you both, Selkie the door next to the fridge/freezer is a walk in pantry,the non glass door lead to pantry/larder for veg/cheese/cured meat and sausage ect, next to it is the chest freezer room. They function ok but we have not decorated them yet.

Normally I am not at all fond of "orange" colors, but I must say the color you chose is very pleasing. It looks like a very efficient space. I especially like the way the pans are hung on the wall. I can't wait to start filling my new kitchen .

Last edited:
Here is a recipe I just found on cooks.com:

ZUCCHINI PIE (Mock Apple Crisp)
Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1937,143184-235203,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
3 sticks butter (soften)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Crust: Blend and put about 1/2 of mixture into the bottom of a 9x12 cake pan. Also up the sides. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

FILLING:

8 c. zucchini, peeled and sliced very thin
2/3 c. lemon juice

Cook zucchini in lemon juice, uncovered, until tender, stirring occasionally. Add: 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. nutmeg Simmer for a while until the liquid slowly evaporates (not dry). Spread filling on your crust and sprinkle the remainder of the crust on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

Be sure to add the lemon juice to it as I remember that as being key to getting a fruity taste.

I have been dying to tell you folks for two weeks now but I was afraid to for fear that the deal would fall through. But now it's official. We are homeowners! That great kitchen if finally mine. I am such a happy camper. Now the real work begins. All 10 rooms have to be painted, not to mention the back porch and the basement. I am going to be so busy.
It took us a full 4 months to buy this house (which was a foreclosure) but it is finally done. There are lots of exciting things to tell you but that is the main one. Right now I have to get my clothes changed so I can get busy on painting those cupboards.

Congratulations!!!! :clap::clap:
I know you really wanted that house and that kitchen!!!!

I'm so very happy for you! Now the real work begins, but it will be a labor of love, I'm sure. Congratulations!

That's fantastic news! Congrats to you guys. The hard part is over. The rest is a lobor of love.

That's great news! Now you get to start spending some serious amounts of money!!! :LOL:

That's wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! What's left may be work, but you'll be doing it with a smile on your face.

That's great news! Now you get to start spending some serious amounts of money!!! :LOL:

Boy you got that right. Thank God for Habitat for Humanity Restore. We had to put in 8 doors and the hardware (hinges and doorknobs) All of that came to about $50.00 because they were having a big sale. We also got a bathroom vanity and a toilet (beautiful) from them for next to nothing. But anything we can't get there seems to cost an arm and a leg. We got really lucky yesterday at Menards. Bought 5 gallons of paint for 11 dollars each and there was an 11 dollar rebate on them so they were actually free. (ceiling paint) I wish I could find deals like that on the wall paint!

Back
Top Bottom