Is anyone cooking Sat 2/25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I'm clueless on what to make with my chicken again - saving Chinese dumplings and stir fry for tomorrow. What's everyone cooking tonight?

Red Beans and Rice for me... It is rainy and cool so that should be fine along with the cornbread.

Later

We are going out to dinner with friends and then to a birthday bash.
No cooking for me tonight!!!

We've got a seafood gumbo cookin' on the stove. It will have lots of gulf shrimp, oysters, scallops, crab meat, okra, crab legs and even a whole crab just to make it beautiful. :ROFLMAO: It smells yummy - I can't wait!

Sea bass fillets, pan fried with a dill butter sauce - and tenderstem brocolli and fine beans and crushed potatoes.

Chicken cordon bleu, wild rice done in chicken broth, some veggie and a salad. If I can scrounge up some wine I will toss some in with the rice and have a glass too! Dessert will be some ice cream cuz I was too lazy to bake today.

Ishbel, I'm not familiar with your veggies - tenderstem broccoli, fine beans and crushed potatoes. Do you have a different name than we do for some of the same foods?

Lasagna with garlic toast and mix green salad with homemade thousand island dressing :)

licia said:
Ishbel, I'm not familiar with your veggies - tenderstem broccoli, fine beans and crushed potatoes. Do you have a different name than we do for some of the same foods?

Licia, I think tenderstem would be just broccoli florets, no stems. Fine beans would be french cut green beans I think and crushed potatoes would be mashed potatoes. Is that right Ishbel?

tenderstem broccoli is the stuff with little heads and longer, tender stems - I believe it was a variety grown via purple sprouting broccoli. Fine beans are the very thin, small, french beans. Crushed potatoes - just 'new' potatoes (at present they are from Egypt and Israel) which I do not peel, just scrub... boil until just tender - and then just 'crush' with a fork and add butter and salt/pepper - like first stage 'mashed' potatoes.

We had taco salad and I made an apple dessert from about 3 different recipes. I used about 5 cups of apples and mixed sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with them. I then took a package of cake mix and mixed 1 stick of melted butter, 1/2 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 cup shredded coconut til I could press about half of the mixture in a baking dish. I then added the apples, then spread the rest of the cake mixture over and baked for about 45 minutes. It is delicious, even without ice cream.

The little one was wanting chicken selects from McD's (I am starting to maybe believe that hype that fast food is addictive), so I talked her into letting mommy make fried chicken, mashed potatoes/ gravy, and salad. And I snagged some shrimp cocktail to snack on later.

It's 20°F, but kids insisted on burgers on the grill and tator tots.:rolleyes:

This is what we had~
polenta on the bottom, even though you can't see it, topped with broiled ham, asparagus sauteed in evoo, garlic & red pepper flakes, provolone melted over all. Dessert is in the ice cream maker right now, giandua gelato.

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 193
Saturday night (last night for me) was smoked cod fish cakes (made with flaked smoked cod, mashed potatoes and parsley) on a bed of garlic spinach and slices boiled carrot with a anchovy and lemon juice/zest vinaigrette (lots of anchovy!).

Was delicious, I was particularly impressed by the vinaigrette I was not sure how it would turn out but I enjoyed that the most! Really enhanced the flavour of the fish cakes.

Back
Top Bottom