Is Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce worth making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
You know... I love the Olive Garden. Only been there 3 times Imagine that :D . My question is. I have the recipe for their alfredo sauce and was going to make it for dinner, is it worth making? Dont want to waist my heavy cream if it's not good. any opinions

Hi Nicole and welcome to the site. No I haven't tried it before. In fact I've only eaten there a few times myself ;) . I find I have the best success at different recipes if I ask these wonderful people here for their tried and true recipes. You may find a few ingredients you don't have or not like but thats the beauty of cooking because you can make it your own way while using their recipe as a guideline.

Well, I made the sauce! we rated it an 8. Could have been a little thicker also, it had a hint of sweetness to it. Would make it again but not often prefer the jar sauce.

Nicole - would you mind posting the recipe? I'd like to take a look at it - it could be that you didn't let it cook down enough - I've never had a jarred Alfredo that was good - always had to re-work it - which ended up being more time-consuming than just making it from scratch.

I loved it, but prefer the authentic one which is just EVOO and/or butter, s/p, garlic and grated parmasean reggiano, original had no cream.

I've always read and heard that the original did have cream - mmm - I'll have to do a search. But what WAS done originally was it was made right on your plate versus in a pan.

kitchenelf said:
I've always read and heard that the original did have cream - mmm - I'll have to do a search. But what WAS done originally was it was made right on your plate versus in a pan.

correctamondo kitchennisse. actually tossed in the pot in which the pasta was cooked, I believe also leaving some of the pasta water, garlic as I remember was sauted slightly. Cheese grated over plate, and tossed. I much prefer it this way, not so heavy and rich.

I think you whip the cream a little to thicken it - make sure the plate is very warm - put pasta on plate, small pats of butter and evoo, a little cream, s & P, fresh Parmesan - toss.

Back
Top Bottom