Is this a good wireless thermometer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcv

Assistant Cook
clickety

I have a thermapen and love it but I really want a probe that stays in the meat for doing roasts, turkeys and larger items. I liked the looks of this one because you can use it on 2 things at once - even if one is outside on the big green egg and the other is inside in the oven!

My wife wants a Christmas idea for me and this is it... as long as you folks tell me it's a good one ;) If not, what is a good one?

Thanks

I have he Maverick ET-73 (1 probe for food and 1 for the smoker box). If this one is using the same food probe be careful how how it gets. They aren't rated for really high temps (around 450 I believe). I have already had my food probe replaced.

I have a Maverick Single probe in my Arsenal of Thermometers...I've used it both as a meat probe, and as cooker temperature probe...It has performed well...No problems.
I would recommend it, and would not hesitate to buy another.

The Polder line of thermometers work well too! I especially like the Single probe dual sensor model...It monitors the internal meat, as well as the cooking appliance temperature

Enjoy!

... I liked the looks of this one because you can use it on 2 things at once - even if one is outside on the big green egg and the other is inside in the oven!

Look at the specs again. There is only one transmitter ... I don't see where you could use it as you intend unless your BGE and oven are within the 80 inch max reach of the two probes.

Right, but you can plug a probe into the pager as well. Here's a quote from the description:

The probes can also be plugged into the pager, which displays a food's temperature on its LCD screen. So barbecuing brisket outside, roasting chicken in the oven, and keeping track of both is possible

i just bought a "redi-chek" one at BBB
its basically the same, has the steel braided looking probe wire.
im hoping this will be fine 400-450 F with my electric oven door closed on it ... next time i will give it a test

Maverick makes a high temp food probe. You might be pushing with the 450F. The standard probe is good to 410F. The high temp probe is good up to 570F.

Back
Top Bottom