Is This???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
I used to cook a chicken breast just fine, then I got a meat thermometer. Ever since then I have been overcooking it. I mean consistently.

I was down to 110ºF but still.

Well now I am only going to 100º.

The overcooking and being dry takes away from my spices.

It is due Friday, which means it will sit the weekend at least. I usually order out.

I think part of the problem i that most of the time I am making it for chicken parmesan and I am trying to melt the cheese. So much for that. (I do not put sauce on the chicken, only the pasta)

Another thing I use a thermometer for is oil. When I am about to FRY something.

I might stick it in pork one of these days.

T

Last edited:
Is this ... " what?" I have no idea what you're asking either.

Thoughts:
Have you accidently changed your thermometer's settings from F to C?

Cooking your chicken breast to 100 F - why don't you just leave it on the counter to warm up to room temperature, then carry it around in a breast pocket - your body temperature will 'almost' bring it up to the temp you are cooking it at - and hey! multitasking and saving on energy at the same time!

"I used to cook a chicken breast just fine, then I got a meat thermometer."

Get rid of the meat thermometer, That should fix it.

Are you melting the cheese onto the chicken breast after it reaches 100°, so the chicken is cooking more? Because at 100°F, the chicken should still be raw. If, as dragnlaw suggested, you have unintentionally switched your thermometer to Celsius, then 100 degrees is the temperature of boiling water and that would definitely be overcooked chicken breast.

Back
Top Bottom