ISO a way to use up multi-grain Cheerios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolgirl

Senior Cook
I have almost a whole box of cherrios and nobody is eating them. I wondered if I could use them in the place of whole grain cereal to make cookies? I hate to waste them, but hate to ruin the recipe for my cookies. When I make them I use the food processor to grind up the other cereal, so I thought I could probably grind these too. What do you all think?:)

If you use cereal in your other recipe, I don't see why whole grain cheerios wouldn't work!

Just make sure that you measure the crumbs, not the cereal. Falkes, for example, would measure and turn into crumbs differently than the cheerios. Once they're crumbs, though, you should be fine.

What cookies are you making?

Cheers,
Tim

It's a breakfast cookie that is in the sneaky chef book. It is full of good ingredients. I probably would decrease the sugar although there's not much of it in the recipe. I might make it tomorrow and see how it turns out. I hate to not use that big box of cereal for something. Thought my gchildren would like it but they don't seem to.

if you got kids.........hand them some thin yarn and let them make necklaces with them.....wrap the yarn ends with some tape and let them have at it with stringing the cheerios on........I promise you (as a former kindergarten/early childhood/ elementary teacher they will be eaten up in no time.........bon apetit petit .........:)

I make snack mix with cheerios. Mix them with honey roasted peanuts and dried fruit of your choice. You can also add MnMs or any small candy or other cereal or cheerios you have.

When I bought the cheerios I really planned to eat them as a snack since they were multi-grain, but that didn't happen!!!

If you have kids, take them to the park and feed the birds....

or... you could make caramel coating for them - yummy.

There are a lot of recipes for cheerios here: Recipes - Cheerios

Actually the gkids could just go out in the front yard and throw them out for the birds!!! We have an abundance every day going to the bird feeder..

i had the same problem but mainly due to the fact that i tried to get back into cereal mornings but i am just a eggs and bacon kinda guy lol
i used up my box by covering them with a somewhat chex mix coating, i kept it simple and just used an oil/sugar coating and baked them for about an hour roughly at 225 and then sprinkled them with salt immediately when they came out and they were a perfect snack food.

not sure on the exact measurements for the coating but i think it was around 1T oil and sugar per C of cereal...

if anything at all throw it on the ground and give the outside wildlife a multi-grain treat lol

Well if I can't figure out anything to use it for, it's not like it will break the bank to throw it out on the ground for the varmits or birds to enjoy!! LOL And believe me, living out in the country there are a lot of varmits!!

Back
Top Bottom