ISO Almond Cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
Are most almond cookies made using almond extract and sugar? I have many bags of sliver almonds and am worried I won't find a good recipe that calls for a lot of them.

I can't comment on most almond cookies, but here is a very easy and tasty recipe.

In a blender or processor blitz your slivered almonds to make almond flour.

Ingredients:

2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup dark maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla

preheat oven to 350

whisk together flour and baking powder

add maple syrup, and vanilla

using a spoon to mix until dough forms

on a parchment lined baking sheet portion out rounded tablespoons of dough about 1" apart.

for softer cookies leave rounded, for crisper cookies gently flatten

bake about 12 minutes until edges are golden brown

optional additions:
1/2 cup of chopped chocolate, nuts, dried fruit, or coconut

I've made these both just almond alone, and with the addition to coconut, and we found them quite tasty, easy and quick.

I will give you a couple of almond cookie recipdes, one using slivered almonds, and one using whoe, roasted almonds. I hopw you like them.

Chewy slivered almond, chocolate chunk cookies

The addition of either white, or dark chocolate chiips to tjos cookie make it a stand out recipe. Enjoy.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup (2 sticks, 226g) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar plus additional for pressing
1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp pure almond extract
2 cups (256 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 357' F.

In a large bowl, cream together then salt, sugars, and butter. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add the almond extract, and slivered almonds. Mix these in completely/ Slowly fold in the flour to form the cookie dough.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Male inch sized balls of dough and place onto the cookie sheets in even rows. Pace extra sugar in a shallow bowl. dip the bottom of a suitable glass with butter. Pres glas into the sugar. Use the sugared glass bottom to flatten cookies. ace into the oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or u til edges begin to crisp. Remove from the oven to cooling racks.

Chocolate-Almond Cookies
Few flavors pair together better than hccolate and toasted almonds. This recipe will give you that flavor combination, in spades. Enjoy.

INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3⁄4 cup un-dutched cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks butter chips (12 oz. pkg.
1 cup whole, roasted almonds

Preheat oven to 375" F.

Cream together the sugar and butter. Mix in the egg. Add the vanilla extract Sift in the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder, and stir in. Fold in the chocolate chunks.

Make 2 inch balls of the dough and place onto two, parchment lines cookie sheets. Flatten with a glass bottom. Inert almonds into the cookie tops and bake for 9 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

Enjoy with hot cocoa, or cold milk.

Seeeeeya; Chief Liongwindofthe North

Back
Top Bottom