ISO Breakfast casserole recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK the one I am looking for is hashbrowns, eggs, cheese, bacon. I can't find it anywhere and I want to make it for Christmas morning. I can fake it if I have to, but would rather have at least approximate proportions. Can anyone help me out?

Here's the one I have!

Sunday Brunch Casserole

½ lb sliced bacon
½ c chopped onion
½ c chopped green pepper
12 eggs
1 c milk
½ tsp pepper
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 c (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt

In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Crumble and set aside on paper towel. In drippings, sauté onion and green pepper until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon. Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, onion, green pepper, and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13x9x2” baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

PA Baker, here is the version that I have, but I think that I like yours better for a larger meal. My version is great when I am making it for myself or just another person. Mine isn't a casserole. I wonder how easy it would be to have your recipe and bake it in a 8x8 inch pan?

Easy Skillet Frittata

3 tablespoons oil
2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
¼ cup diced green bell pepper
6 eggs, beaten
10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
½ cup cheese
2 tablespoons milk or water

Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add potatoes and green pepper; cook 5 minutes or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally. Mix eggs and milk in small bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over potatoes and green pepper; sprinkle with bacon. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 8-11 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and heat until cheese melts. Cut into wedges and serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom