ISO Cheesecake recipe ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I Need A Cheesecake Recipe ASAP!

Help please!! I can't find my plain basic cheesecake recipe anywhere! I was getting ready to make my grocery list & I need a recipe so I'll know what I need to get. Can anyone help me please?

Heeey I'm making this cheesecake for dinner!, I've never tried this recipe before but sounds OK....

The only thing I don't like about this recipe is the refrigerating for 6 hours part... I won't listen to them any away.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

12 ounces cream cheese

3/4 cup white sugar

4 eggs

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups heavy whipping cream

------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTIONS:

1. Grease an 8 inch springform cake pan thickly with butter. Turn pan on its side, place a few graham cracker crumbs in pan and shake so crumbs stick to sides. Keep turning and add crumbs as needed until sides are well coated. Set pan upright and coat bottom of pan. Put pan into freezer for 30 minutes or refrigerator for 2 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

3. With electric beater, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yokes, flour, vanilla, and salt. Beat thoroughly and then turn mixer to slowest speed and slowly pour in the cream.

4. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add to the above mixture and fold the whites in by hand, lightly but thoroughly. Pour mixture into the crumb-lined pan.

5. Set pan into shallow pan containing 1 inch hot water and bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.

If you can wait just a bit, until I get home, I'll post the one that everyone around here loves. It's not my own recipe, but I wish I had created it. it's that good.

Off the top of my head, I know you will need sugar, a cup of sour cream, eggs, vanilla or vanilla extract, 2 lbs. cream cheese (4 packages), cornstarch, graham cracker crumbs, and butter. Those are the ingredients. For the exact amounts, and cooking temps, I will need to get out my cheescake cookbook.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Crewsk:
I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply. I had trouble with my browser not wrorking with DC. I couldn't reply until Saturday, when my SOL helped me find the work-around for the problem. In any case, here's the recipe. Hope you like it as much as we do. I use a springform pan and make the recipe shown here half-again as big. Then I cook it longer, and 175' until the filling is set. It takes more time, but is more spectacular.

New York Cheesecake:
Preheat oven to 450.
Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbs. sugar (or Splenda)
6 tbs. butter (melted)

Filling:
2 pounds cream cheese (4 eight oz. packages)
3/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbs. cornstarch
1 cup sour cream

Combine crust ingrediants until well mixed. Spread into a 9-inch springform pan, pressing to create a uniform "crust" accross the bottom and half-way up the sides. Place in the freezer fo at least ten minutes..

Mix together the filling ingrediants, except for the sour cream, and blend with a wire whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Fold in the sour cream until well incorporated. Pour the filling into the chilled crust and smooth with a rubber spatula.

Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 200 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes. Then turn off the oven and slightly open the oven door. Let the cheescake cool with the oven for about 2 to three hours. Then refrigerate.

You can spread bleuberry, cherry, or your favorite pie filling accross the top of this cheesecake, or simply mix sour cream with sweetener and spread over it.

You can also swirl pie-filling, or fuit through the cheesecake batter before baking, taking care not to damage the crust.

One time, I was short one 8oz. pkg. of cream cheese. I substituted an equal amount of cottage cheese that I had on hand. I just made the cottage cheese smooth in the blender before adding it to the cream cheese. The end result was a slightly more tart cheesecake. But it was still very good.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks Goodweed! I can't wait to try this one! I was very disappointed with my cheesecake last night. For some reason it never set! I made it the same way that I always do. I just don't know what happened. It tasted really good, but when I sliced it it just kinda ran. Oh well, that's life sometimes!

Hate it when stuff turns out that way.

One of those cases where I would use my one of my favorite sayings.

You win some, you lose some, and you wreck some.

017.gif

Exactly Rainee!:LOL: We ate it anyway & I'm glad my guests were very understanding. Especially since it was the first meal I've cooked for them.

Crewsk:

I get rave reviews for this cheesecake everytime I make it.

Cheesecake

For the Crust:

2 1/3 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 C Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 C Sugar

For the Filling:

2 Lb Cream Cheese, room temp.
1 1/2 C Sugar
1/4 C Flour
5 Eggs
16 Oz Sour Cream
1/4 C Milk
1 T Vanilla Extract

Make the Crust:
Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375° F.

Wrap the outside of a 10-inch-diameter springform pan with heavy-duty foil.

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse just until the crumbs are moist.

Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the prepared pan. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to press the crumbs into place.

Bake until the crust begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Maintain oven temperature.

Make the Filling:
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until will blended then beat in the flour.

Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Beat in the sour cream, milk and vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust.

Place the springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come half way up the sides of pan.

Bake the cheesecake until just set in center and top is slightly puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour.

Turn off oven and keep the door closed. Leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour.

Remove springform pan from roasting pan. Cool on a cooling rack for a couple of hours. Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate overnight before removing from the pan.

To remove the cake from the pan, first run a thin bladed knife around the inside of the pan to separate the cake from the side of the pan. Remove the springform sides.

Place the cheesecake with the pan bottom on a burner and heat it for abot 10 seconds. This will soften the butter in the crust so you can slide the cake off the pan bottom onto a serving plate. Use a long frosting spatula or knife blade to ease the transfer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom