ISO Christmas Breakfast ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about raisen bread french toast bake? Chunk up raisen bread, put in greased baking pan, pour beaten eggs mixed with milk & vanilla over top. cover and chill over night. Bake 350 oven until set. CHildren and adults liked it here.

Ohhh so grits and polenta are the same thing then?

It all starts as corn. :chef:

White (hominy) grits use corn that has been alkalized in lye water which remove the hull and kernel, then dried and ground; regular grits and polenta are merely the ground corn.

Either can be cooked to be either mushy or firm, can be served plain or fancied up quite nicely.

:heart:
Z

Grits = ground corn = polenta

:heart:
Z

OHHHHHHHHH how simple was that! i was kinda always curious when i saw people saying grits, i knew it was corn stuff but didn't know it was polenta, polenta...lol :LOL:

Last edited:
That sounds disgusting.
Its not disgusting at all but given the fact that you don't like pork, well..........:rolleyes::LOL: The flavor is extremely smooth and nothing goes better with grits...well, if you don't have any then cheese and garlic do quite nicely! :LOL:

chave982 said:
That sounds really interesting. I'm trying to picture what it would look like, but can't. Do you have a photo? Also, what causes the "waving" of it in the oven?

Chave - It's one big thick "pancake" but lighter than a pancake. No picture sorry :( I can only assume the waving comes from the reaction to the cold pan as the mixture puffs up???? Maybe????? YT will know I feel sure!

Ok, I hate to blow my own horn (not really, I love to blow it, but I'm trying to be humble here;)) Goodweed's World Famous Pancakes (My claim to cullinary fame).

These are very simple to make, and are exceptionally light, moist, and tasty. They require nmo special techniques or ingredients. And they've been a big hit with everyone who has tried them. I'm not lying. Pair them up with some good pork breadfast sausage, or some ham, and some real maple syrup, and you will impress them, I promise. Here's the recipe.

Goodweed's World Famous Pancakes

Dry Ingredients:
*1 cup all purpose flour
*1/2 tsp. salt
*2 tbs. sugar or Splenda Sweetener
*1 tbs. double acting baking powder (Calumet or Clabber Girl are both good brands)

Wet Ingredients:
*1 large egg
*3/4 cup milk
*3 tbs. cooking oil

Preheat a griddle over medium heat.

Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together with a wire whisk. Add the wet ingredients and stir with the wisk until you form a batter with little lumps in it.

Lightly oil the griddle and place three tbs. of batter in each corner to form four pancakes. Cook until bubbles begin to break on top of each pancake. Flip carefully and cook for forty more seconds. Remove and plate. Serve hot.

Tip: it's best to cook the side dishes (sausage, ham, or bacon) before cooking the pancakes and keeping them warm in the oven. Serve the pancakes immediatley after they are cooked. Enjoy.

Tip 2: To take these pancakes over the top, sprinkle fresh blueberries on top of the pancakes after first placing on the griddle, before they have a chance to cook. Then, cook as directed above.

Oh, and feel free to ask anyone on DC about these pancakes.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I like the comparison in that link for instant grits comparing it to wallpaper paste in both "taste and texture"!:LOL: Can't wait to try it!!!:sick:

Real grits are GREAT - those little packets of instant are another thing. A nice bowl of grits with cheese melted in it and a soft-boiled or poached egg right on top is the PERFECT breakfast :blush:

Real grits are GREAT - those little packets of instant are another thing. A nice bowl of grits with cheese melted in it and a soft-boiled or poached egg right on top is the PERFECT breakfast :blush:

Make my order (of real grits) with two fried on top! Oh!!! and with Red-Eye gravy too!!!:wub:

Everyone likes pancakes - how about pancakes with a twist like pumpkin or gingerbread? Make some really good bacon/sausage/ham with it and it would be easy and delicious. To me there is nothing better for breakfast than a stack of pancakes, a side of grilled ham, and a cup of steaming coffee.

Ok, I am a northerner and never had grits till I was probably 20, we went to Florida, Mom ordered grits - I tasted them - to me they tasted like cream of wheat without sugar. Mom loved them, sorry I couldn't agree. Wish I did !

Everyone likes pancakes - how about pancakes with a twist like pumpkin or gingerbread? Make some really good bacon/sausage/ham with it and it would be easy and delicious. To me there is nothing better for breakfast than a stack of pancakes, a side of grilled ham, and a cup of steaming coffee.

I tried making gingerbread pancakes and they tasted like regular pancakes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom