ISO Cranberry Salad Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
A friend of mine has asked for some help in finding a really good cranberry salad recipe and I don't want to let her down. Unfortunately I don't have on can anyone help out?

1 large package frozen cranberries
2 cups chopped nuts ( I used walnuts)
1 large orange
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 apples, peeled and chopped (I used granny smith)
1 1/2- 2 cups sugar
4 boxes of jello ( I used 2 red, and 2 orange)

Grind your cranberries and orange, add apples, lemon juice. Pour sugar into it. Let stand for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir.

Last add jello that has cooled. Set in refrigerator.

Cranberry Salad

2 (3 oz.) packages lemon or orange Jello
2 cups hot water
2 cups pineapple juice

Dissolve jello in water. Add juice. Put in refrigerator.

Grind cranberries to make 2 cups. Add 1 cup sugar. Stir. Put in refrigerator.

When Jello is slightly thickened, add cranberry mixture, 2 cups chopped celery, 2 cups drained pineapple (crushed), and 1 cup chopped walnuts.

Refrigerate until set.
I make this every year for Thanksgiving (and for Christmas when I fix the meal). I used Splenda this year instead of sugar, and it turned out pretty good.

:) Barbara

Both of these sound really good. I made the one posted by Amber a few weeks ago and my family asked for it again for Christmas. It makes 2 molds so I share one with someone else.

WHIPPED CRANBERRY SALAD
1 (1 lb.) whole cranberries
1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. real mayonnaise
1 apple, chopped
1/4 c. walnuts
Use recipe on package to make cranberry sauce or use 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar. Strain off cranberry sauce. Set berries aside. Add salt and lemon juice and package of jello to hot cranberry juice. Chill liquid mixture until thick enough to mound slightly when dropped from a spoon. Beat in mayonnaise with rotary beater until light and fluffy (high speed). Fold in cranberries, apple and nuts. Goes well with turkey dinner!

1 pkg fresh cranberries cleaned, processed
1 seedless orange processed
1 cup sugar
1 cup nuts processed
This can be done and frozen in advance. I buy mine for Christmas at Thanksgiving and freeze, when the cranberries are first available.

Day before, dissolve
1 large pkg. orange jello in
2 cups boiling water, no more
Add cranberries, orange, sugar, nuts mixture.

We like ours with Miracle whip for a topping.

Back
Top Bottom