ISO Cream Cheese Frosting for Carrot Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8 Oz Cream Cheese @ room temp.
1/2 C Butter @ room temp.
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Lb. Confectioners Sugar

Combine the cheese and butter then gradually blend in the sugar and vanilla.

and here's a couple I alternate between - can't have too many!!

White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

5 ounces white chocolate
1-1/4 pounds cream cheese, room temp.
4 tbsp. butter, unsalted, room temp
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups confectioners sugar

Melt chocolate. In an electric mixer, blend cream cheese, butter, and chocolate until smooth, Add lemon juice and vanilla. Blend then add sugar and slowly mix until combined, then beat fast for 30 seconds.
----------------
Fresh Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
makes 3 cups - enuf to frost a 2- or 3-layer cake.

8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
1 stick (8T.) butter, room temp
3 c. confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 T. fresh orange juice
1 T. grated orange zest (from 1 med. orange)

Place cream cheese & butter in lg. mixing bowl. Blend w/mixer on low speed till combined, 30 seconds.

Add the sugar, a bit at a time, blending w/mixer on low speed till the sugar is well combined, 1 min. Then add the o.j. & zest to the mixture.

Increase the mixer speed to med. & beat till the frosting lightens and is fluffy, 1 min. more.

I think Andy's looks great and quick, but I would add citrus oil or some orange zest :)

ISO: Delicious, Moist Carrot Cake Recipe

I tasted this heavenly, moist carrot cake at Baja Cactus (mexican restaurant) and keep going back to get more but to my dismay, they are always out. It was amazing compared to a typical carrot cake at a local bakery. So I'm searching for a tested and truly moist, not so sweet carrot cake recipe. I would appreciate your help in satiating my craving. Thanks! :-p

Is Andy's frosting recipe very sweet? One pound is a lot of sugar!

Last edited:
showimage.php

do you like my carrot cake?

cream cheese frosting (mascarpone cheese with sugar sifted and vanilla) and carrots of marzapane!

http://www.discusscooking.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=773&c=5

It looks lovely; too good to eat. Does it taste moist and light? Is it very sweet? I don't like the cream cheese icing that has a grainy or gritty texture like I think it's buttercream (?). Just want smooth and light icing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom