ISO Cream Cheese recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinmaryland

Sous Chef
I picked up a couple of packages as it was on special. I guess cheesecake is one option but I want to do something else. Any suggestions?

I guess I am into Mediterranean cooking right now so anything in that field would interesting. Middle eastern or greek too. Perhaps a dessert other than cheesecake. Can you stuff like peppers with cream cheese or is that too sweet?

I have had jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese & then batteres & deep fried, they were very good. I'm sorry I don't have a recipe for them but I'll look around & see if I can find something close.

I just did a serch on www.cooks.com for stuffed jalapeno peppers & this is one of about 47 that it brought up. The ones I had were pickled jalapenos that had been splt & filled like these(minus the pimento strips) & dipped in flour & then into a batter. I wish I could remember what was in that batter!! Ugh... I hate when that happens!!

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
12 pickled jalapeno peppers
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 c. sliced green onion
12 pimento strips

Rinse and drain peppers. Split lengthwise on one side; remove seeds and veins, leaving stem attached. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cheddar cheese and green onion. Stuff each pepper. Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each pepper with a pimento strip.

dont need the entire recipe if you dont have one, just give me ideas.

But thanks anyways for the recipe, the batter coud be egg/bread crumbs. Ive seen someone do a beer batter i think.

Lots of pies and cakes use cream cheese.

Ritz crackers with cream cheese and red pepper jelly.

Armadillo eggs? Do I have to raid their nest or something?

My favorite stuffed peppers were made with Prosciutto de Parma (the good stuff) and some sort of cheese, probably mozzarella...

question: can you substitute cream cheese for heavy cream in some of these recipes? how would you go about that, if it can be done at all.

jpinmaryland said:
Armadillo eggs? Do I have to raid their nest or something?

My favorite stuffed peppers were made with Prosciutto de Parma (the good stuff) and some sort of cheese, probably mozzarella...

question: can you substitute cream cheese for heavy cream in some of these recipes? how would you go about that, if it can be done at all.

I have no clue about substitiuting cream cheese for heavy cream. Hopefully someone else will have an idea for you.

Ya know, I was sitting here thinking about the peppers I had & the more I thought about it, the more I remembered! They were dipped in flour, then egg, then rolled in dry seasoned bread crumbs. Thanks for helping me remember that! It would have driven me crazy until I figured it out.

I have a nice white pizza recipe using cream cheese if you want it.

Cream cheese is VERY NON mediterranean. My husband is Turkish and his family is always wanting new western dishes when we visit them in Istanbul. I found cream cheese there for the first time only a year or two ago... and made a cheesecake that they fell in love with. :mrgreen: But cream cheese was and still may be really hard to find over there. It may be because white cheese (beyaz peynir) is always some sort of feta.

Anyway, if you want a pizza recipe, here it is:

On a par-baked pizza pie crust layer in order:

cream cheese
basil pesto (not too much)
shredded gouda
shredded mozzarella
pieces of goat cheese
torn basil leaves

Bake like any other fresh pizza and enjoy. This looks simple, but it really is quite rich and decadent. A favorite in our household.

right everyone seems to be doing that flour, egg, bread crumb thing these days. I think Bobby flay did that the other day on iron chef for the Buffallo contest.

Panko is some sort of bread crumbs from asia that is really catching on for stuff like this. No doubt Ming Tsai would use panko here. Emeril has been using them too I think.

I am thinking of subbing the cream cheese for the heavy cream in the Gulab Jamon recipe, boy am I tempted to make this tonight...

Thanks velochic I didnt know that about cream cheese...

I think for the Armadillo eggs I will make a fritatta with black ants and red ants. Try get that color thing going there...

Last edited:
STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Oven 375

Button mushrooms [stem end cut flat]
8 oz. CC
4 oz Goat cheese
Shallots [to taste minced fine]
2 cloves garlic minced
S+P
flavored bread crumbs

1...Blend Cheeses, garlic, shallots and S+P in food prosseser or by hand till well comined.

2...Stuff cut end of mushrooms [over-filled lol], top with crumbs.

3...On oven-proof plate place in oven cook till well heated thru. 30-40 mins.

4...EAT AND ENJOY!!!:chef:

Also.......this can be put as is onto bagels, toast and so on. And you can do flavored cream cheeses too. I have seen, cinn raisin, veggie, sun dried tomato, olive, scallion.....lots of choices. You could use CC in beef stoganoff instead of sour cream, and, possibly into savory pan sauces instead of cream.

Does anyone know if you can freeze CC??

Last edited:
Cream cheese brownies -

All sorts of dips and spreads -

The Philly cream cheese cookbook has some casseroles and savory type dishes - try googling and you'll get tons of ideas!

jpinmaryland said:
I picked up a couple of packages as it was on special. I guess cheesecake is one option but I want to do something else. Any suggestions?

I guess I am into Mediterranean cooking right now so anything in that field would interesting. Middle eastern or greek too. Perhaps a dessert other than cheesecake. Can you stuff like peppers with cream cheese or is that too sweet?
Hi there jpin,
my family like to nibble before sunday dinner and one of their favorite things is to take a thin slice of salami, spread with cream cheese and then wrap that around a Pepperoncini. We also like to take crustless old white bread, flatten with a rolling pin and spread it with a cream cheese mixture. The kids love finely chopped green stuffed olives or even the green onion minced fine along with some chipped beef finely minced. They have fun just making up different combo's for the bread. Hope this helps a little:)
kadesma

This one is very good!

Raspberry Cream Cheese Jalapenos
Jalapeno peppers, seeded and split lengthwise
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c raspberry preserves
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 ts salt, divided
1 ts vegetable oil
1 c self-rising flour
1 c cornflakes, crushed
oil for frying
powdered sugar for garnish

1.Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Place jalapeno peppers in the water 10 to 15 minutes, until just tender. Drain and cool.
2.Blot interiors of the jalapeno peppers dry with a paper towel.
3.Combine cream cheese and raspberry preserves together; mix until smooth. Fill each jalapeno pepper with some of the cream cheese mixture, but do not overstuff.
4.In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/4 ts salt and vegetable oil. In another small bowl, mix remaining salt, and flour. Place crushed cornflakes in a third small bowl.
5.One at a time, dip the stuffed peppers into the egg mixture, the flour mixture, the egg mixture again, and finally the cornflakes crumbs. Place coated peppers in a medium dish. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
6.Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat (can also use a deep fryer). Fry the frozen peppers 3-4 minutes each, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powered sugar. Serve warm.

Heres one I like

LIME JELLO SALAD

1 pkg. lime jello or gelatin (sugar free)
4 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 c. cottage cheese, sm. curd
1/4 c. shredded coconut

Make Jello like it says on package. Place in bowl. Refrigerate until partly solid (soft enough to be mixed with other ingredients.)
Add cottage cheese, small chunks of cream cheese and coconut.
With electric mixer, mix on low until mixture is well blended together. Increase speed and mix to desired texture.
Place in individual molds or in one container. Place in refrigerator until solid.
I like individual molds. Just makes It look prettier.

Also you can add other fruits like bananas, apples or whatever you like to the Jello.
Then spread it over a bed of lettuce and WHALLA!!:chef:

the thing is I dont want to sift through a mountain of google stuff. Try doing that with Fish + curry sometime and you'll get a lot of stuff you dont want.

The stuff I'm getting here is great, simply "Best of cream cheese" recipes. This is nice.

Can you substitute it for e.g. ricotta or mascapone in Italian recipes? I am wondering about it being not really an Italian thing and working it in there somehow.

To substituite cream cheese for 1C. mascarpone you need 8 oz. cream cheese, 3Tbsp. sour cream, & 2Tbsp. milk combined. This is from a Tiramisu recipe in a Southern Living cookbook. I think cream cheese would be too sweet to sub for ricotta though, but that's just my opinion. Someone here may have better info on that for you.

Back
Top Bottom