ISO Easy Pork Loin Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
My grandma, at age 86, has decided that it's time for her to learn to cook a pork loin! I have several recipes, but they are pretty detailed with a lot of steps. Her eyesight is poor and she has trouble getting around, so I'd like to find a simple recipe for her to follow. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PA, here is one that I use a lot for both the loin & chops.

Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin

2(1 1/2 pound) pork tenerloins
1/2C. honey
2tsp. prepared mustard(I use about 4tsp.)
1/4C. brown sugar

Mix honey, mustard & brown sugar. Spread over pork & let marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Roast in 350F oven for 1 hour. 12 servings.

From The Four Ingredient Cookbook by Linda Coffee & Emily Cale

I also pour the marinade into a small sauce pan & bring it to a boil & reduce it by half to make a glaze to serve over the tenderloin when serving it.

For easy pork-loin, there is little I can add to Crewsk's very nice recipe. But I would brown the loin on the stove top before roasting it in the oven. And for the last few minutes, I might even turn on the broiler after re-glazing the roast with more honey-mustard sauce.

You could also glaze with sweet & sour sauce, or pineapple juice, etc. I don't think I'd use a tomato-based BBQ sauce for this one.

Another variation would be to rub whith oil, then sprinkle on salt, pepper, some sage, and garlic onto the outer surface, then cook as per Crewsk's recipe.

Hope this helps.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom