ISO Flourless Cake with Chocolate from Israel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meshoo96

Senior Cook
A coworker brought in a cake that supposedly is made without flour. I was almost like a malted milk ball with chocolate and some kind of cream. He wasn't sure what it was called, but that he got it in an Israeli/Russian bakery near his house. It was DELICIOUS and I want to find a recipe for it. If anyone has a recipe that they will share or even the name of it so I can search for the recipe, I'd be forever grateful.

A friend made a version of the Passover Flourless Chocolate Cake from the King Arthur site.

1 cup choc chips
1/2 cup marg, butter or oil
3/4 cup sugar
pinch salt
1 to 2 teaspoons instant coffee
3 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa

Melt the choc with the fat. Mix in your other ingredients, preheat your oven to 350 and grease a small cake pan or pie tin. Bake for about half an hour.

Last edited:
:) A super rich dessert you really want to slice it thin but just a delicious melt in your mouth treat, adding a little not to sweet whipped cream to go with it is also good and a good cup of coffee decaf or not. Some recipes add a bit of liquor like Grand Marnier, Kalua or almond liquor etc.

thanks, but none of these sound right. This cake was a light brown color (almost white) and crunchy like a malted milk ball and had a layer of cream in between and pieces of chocolate on top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom