ISO Good Easy Healthy Recipes for a Busy Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Agree

You mean dibs? From dryers right? I used to snack on those too, thinking that since they were bite sized it wasnt too big of a deal. But there are WAY better options out there for healthy ice cream treats. Dibs are 49% fat and of that 49% something like 95% of that is SATURATED fats. It's really really awful stuff for ya, even if you're treating yourself.

I can't eat much more than a spoonful of ice cream at a time. If I have the Dibs in the house I grab one once in while. I imagine that fresh ice cream made made with whole millk and whole cream is just about as unhealthy

One of the things I do like as an un-ordinary treat is mix sherbert and slightly softened real vanilla ice cream. It's yummy with raspberry sherbert. Finding healthy food without additives I cannot pronounce is a constant challenge where I live

I switched

linicx, you mention you don't use olive oil when you fry eggs because of the flavor it imparts. Try using light olive oil. The light denotes taste only, not fat content. It has virtually no flavor at all and is when I use to make a lot salad dressings and for sauteing.

I don't know one ollive oil from the other as all I can buy is XX or XXX extra virgin. I burned out on the olive oli based margerine. Now I use peanut oil and eat the olives instead. I do very little saute or pan fry these days.

If you don't want flavor passing from your oil, try using Grapeseed Oil which is actually better than Olive Oil, but it is still fairly new for most store shelves so you may have to hunt around. It imparts no flavor to your foods.

Living in a country where corn is the staple diet, I guess I don't understand your statement about corn's nutritional value. Everything I read confirms what mcnerd says...I agree about using peanut oil, however. When I still lived in the US, I used it often. Problem is, I cannot buy it here. The oil most widely available here, of course, is corn oil and I like it very much. No particular added flavor.

I don't know one ollive oil from the other as all I can buy is XX or XXX extra virgin. I burned out on the olive oli based margerine. Now I use peanut oil and eat the olives instead. I do very little saute or pan fry these days.

Light olive oil is labeled as such - Light Olive Oil. Different brands have it available.

I am surrounded by soybean fields. I don't like it raw nor as a food additive.quote]

I just have this to say, and then I'll take off since this thread has gotten to off topic. :rolleyes: Sorry OP....

Soy is used as an additive to tons of proccessed foods, including the Dibbs you keep in the freezer. You may want to consider switching over to an all natural ice cream like Breyers. They have an entire line of all natural flavors that are significantly lower in fat and calories compared to the Dibs. They also have a short, easy to pronounce ingredient list. ;)

We do need to keep the original poster's question in mind when answering in this thread. Many threads go off-topic, but, if we find it goes waaaaay off topic maybe a new thread should be started.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom