ISO help/advice buying indoor thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
Which kind of indoor thermometer is the most accurate in the consumer market? Are those digital thermometer with screen as accurate as the those traditional thermometer with some colored liquid inside? Would those with a lot of functions like alarm clock and weather have more errors on temperature? Alarm and other functions are an add-on for me which is not as important as temperature.

Last edited:
My atomic clock has a transmitter that you place outside so you can see the temperature outside on the clock inside. Its very common on atomic clocks. And they are quite inexpensive.

The old mercury thermometers were excellent and completely accurate. I would expect the newer style without mercury to be as well. But they are difficult to read depending on its design.
I would say any outdoor thermometer would be fine. Just pick the size of it and how it displays the temp. I like the big round one that looks like a clock. Its very easy to read even from a short distance.

Either type is accurate enough to give you a room temperature reading. Any differences are too small to detect.

Back
Top Bottom