ISO Help - Plain Egg Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tedge4131

Assistant Cook
I'm making egg salad for ppl on a special diet, how many eggs should i use? The only other ingred. is mayo, relish and seasoning. Thanks. Terry.

On edit: Terry wants 2 1/2 cups of egg salad. PF

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to DC! I reworded your title and moved your post to a question forum.

I think you would need 6-7 eggs for your egg salad.

Am I missing something here? We need to know how many people are you feeding to suggest how many eggs you need.

Welcome to DC! You can add a bit of curry powder to up the flavor--although that might not work with relish. I don't usually use relish, but I do use curry powder often in egg salad. The # of eggs will depend on the size of the eggs you are using. I'd use high-quality mayo--maybe one with EVOO in it.

Last edited:
4 eggs is a cup. But you have to figure out how much mayo etc., you adding. If people on a special diet adding relish doesn't make sense to me. When I make es I add very little mayo, a lot less then many people.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I love egg salad sandwiches, or even the egg salad alone on a bed of lettuce.
I once made a huge amount of egg salad to make a bunch of little sandwiches for a gathering and while doing it I had a thought. I put down on the platter a layer of lettuce ( used butter lettuce as that what I was going to use in the sammys. Then put the egg salad on top. Put bread all around the salad. It was a big hit.
here is how I make mine , eggs, mayo, celery, green olives w/ pimentos, salt and pepper.

Just remember weather temps when take egg and mayo base items.

I'm making egg salad for ppl on a special diet, how many eggs should i use? The only other ingred. is mayo, relish and seasoning. Thanks. Terry.

On edit: Terry wants 2 1/2 cups of egg salad. PF
Suggestion:- One or one and a half eggs per diner if an accompaniment or 2 or 3 if it's the main part of the meal?

I usually hard boil a dozen eggs, add mayo & your favorite mustard to taste (it doesn't take much), and if needed a pinch of salt.

I serve egg salad as a sandwich with romaine or spinach and a slice of tomato on sourdough or rye bread. I've also eaten it as an actual salad on top of either romaine, spinach or spring greens with diced tomato, real crumbled bacon, and chopped green onion/scallion.

Now you've made me hungry for egg salad. :chef:

I love egg salad sandwiches and like you Maelinde, my fave breads for those are sourdough and rye. Especially rye. :yum: I'm with you on the less mayo, the better. My daughter likes hers with a little sweet relish, I'm not really a fan of that in egg salad.

Sometimes I'll have egg salad in a romaine lettuce wrap. Yummy.

Hopefully Terry/Edge has the info needed by now.

I just realized I have overcome a phobia I have had throughout my life. I am sure there was a genuine plot between my mom and the school lunch ladies to make sure that I got the egg salad sandwiches containing bits of eggs shells. I would only eat egg salad sammies with a layer of Potato Chips, which I usually put in the sandwich myself. I pretty much quit eating chips a while ago. Sometime recent I realized I had been making egg salad sandwiches sans chips, even forgetting that they were a requisite ingredient. Of course I continue to rinse peeled eggs really well before chopping them up. I like egg salad sandwiches with just a little mayo, S& P, sometimes a slice of chopped onion, (just a little) , slivers of jalapeno pepper if I have some and serve on Toasted Pumpernickel or whole grain toast. Lettuce, and garden tomatoes included in summer.

I rinse and dry them too, Whisk...even a tiny bit of egg shell ruins the whole egg salad sandwich experience for me. :ermm::LOL:

Potato chips on sandwiches...wow, that is a blast from the past! I used to do that all the time. Especially on peanut butter sammies. :)

I hope tedge comes back with results.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom