ISO help to find recipe for cloverleaf rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
i would like to find a recipe for making cloverleaf rolls, using evaporated milk. this is most likely an old fashioned recipe, best found in old cookbooks from earlier times. the recipes online for cloverleaf rolls call for fresh, rather than evaporated milk. i appreciate any help or suggestions you good folks might have for me in this search.

i would like to find a recipe for making cloverleaf rolls, using evaporated milk. this is most likely an old fashioned recipe, best found in old cookbooks from earlier times. the recipes online for cloverleaf rolls call for fresh, rather than evaporated milk. i appreciate any help or suggestions you good folks might have for me in this search.

My mother taught me that when all you have is evaporated milk and needed whole milk for a recipe, mix half evaporated milk with half water. I find that it works out just fine. And a lot cheaper. I always keep a couple of cans of evaporated milk on hand for cooking purposes. It was one of those tricks from the Depression. :angel:

Hi, vit! Long time no see.

I checked all of my really old cookbooks - all the dinner roll (cloverleaf) recipes called for warmed milk, not evaporated. So I did my google thing.

This one calls for evaporated milk and warm water as the liquids.

This one does too, but it calls for less water and more flour. The recipe sounds like it could feed an entire army! If you chose it, you might want to adjust for fewer rolls. Or maybe just ask bakechef to make it and send you some of the rolls. After all, it's his blog!

One of the various cookbooks I was reading today had info about the temp of a "slow proof" and an in inconsistent temp is that you get denser rolls/bread with an inconsistent proofing temp.

Hi, vit! Long time no see.

I checked all of my really old cookbooks - all the dinner roll (cloverleaf) recipes called for warmed milk, not evaporated. So I did my google thing.

This one calls for evaporated milk and warm water as the liquids.

This one does too, but it calls for less water and more flour. The recipe sounds like it could feed an entire army! If you chose it, you might want to adjust for fewer rolls. Or maybe just ask bakechef to make it and send you some of the rolls. After all, it's his blog!

thanks, cg. good to see you too! the tasteofhome recipe looks like a real possibility if i cut it in half and use less sugar. i like your idea for having bakechef make and bake the rolls from that second mega batch recipe, but i doubt he'd go for it.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom