ISO help w/LG Refrigerator Freezer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
The ice maker is no longer producing ice.
I've checked the water dispenser that works.
But when I tried to get some cubes it didn't work.
I can hear the water sounds that it's dispensing water to make ice.
I can hear the motor churning. It's not making cubes.
The water filter is flashing to replace could that be the problem or something else.
Emptied out the cube container last night put it back in the slot. Today nothing

Check your ice cream in the freezer. If it's soft, your compressor is failing. The first indication I had that our LG French door refrigerator/freezer was dying was no ice.

I hope it's a minor problem, though, @Chef Munky. Mine cost us $1700 plus tax snd a whole lot of food and ice bottle shuffling between coolers.

Check your ice cream in the freezer. If it's soft, your compressor is failing. The first indication I had that our LG French door refrigerator/freezer was dying was no ice.

I hope it's a minor problem, though, @Chef Munky. Mine cost us $1700 plus tax snd a whole lot of food and ice bottle shuffling between coolers.
I'm doing the reset option now. Guess I have to wait.

We don't have ice cream in that freezer. Just some twice baked potatoes that are hard as a rock. Did notice a little frost on the back wall. And what looks to me that I noticed and have taped over was a hole. I'd swear that really looks like a bullet hole. Perfectly round. It didn't go through the back of the fridge.
The previous owner who had a gun safe that was about 5' tall
Cabinets full of ammo. You name it, he probably had it in stock! ;)
Had a rowdy ex that had a way of breaking in.LOL! truly not kidding about that. Oh, and he was an avid hunter.
That cost me well over $1,800.00 to get locks change and beef up security for my own peace of mind.

CG,
I think your right. As it is now the ice maker is slowly filling the bin. It's ok. I have a small chest freezer in the pantry. Plenty of room for a bag of ice and what ever else needs to be put in it.
I wasn't able to sell my other fridge. It was only a year old. Huge thing french doors pull out freezer door. Lots of room.
It's a shame this kitchen is too small for it. Had the movers bring it here anyways. It's been sitting in the garage plugged in just in case of emergencies. It's just not connected to water.
No biggie. At least I have a fridge back up.

When I was younger, back in the late 1980s, and only bought used appliances, I once went shopping for a fridge. I wanted one with a vertical freezer on the side. The used appliance store I went to had several. One had an ice maker, but the owner of the store had pulled it out. He said they were more problem prone than any other part of a fridge. He was tired of having people complain to him that the ice maker in the fridge they bought had quit working. I don't know if ice makers are still that problem prone or if they have gotten better.

No, I think they have gotten a lot better. Many people I know love theirs.
But as mentioned once before they do have a tendency to jam up in the chute between the maker and dispenser. Other problem is a filter that needs to be changed periodically. IDK how often, but If you don't you sstart noticing a funny smell in your water and cubes.

No, I think they have gotten a lot better. Many people I know love theirs.
But as mentioned once before they do have a tendency to jam up in the chute between the maker and dispenser. Other problem is a filter that needs to be changed periodically. IDK how often, but If you don't you sstart noticing a funny smell in your water and cubes.
Right again CG,
Older models did have problems with ice makers.
They've come a long way in where they install them. Some appliance men wouldn't touch them because of where they were positioned. Hard to get to. Same with placements of the filters.
The ice dispenser bin if absolutely full now.
It's a well DUH on me! My son had been using the dispenser at night while I was asleep. The nerve! ;)
I did buy a replacement filter, just want the replace filter light to go away. LOL!

Btw can mini fridges be placed out doors? Was thinking of putting the one I have in the garage on the deck.

Re: the "replace filter" light, @Chef Munky. Look for the setting on the display with the word "Filter". Sometime it shares the space with "Light". It might say in tiny letters "hold three seconds". Then do a long press until you hear a tone signal and or the word "filter" goes out. That's what worked on my previous fridge and my current one.

Can't help you on the mini fridge, but I wouldn't put it anywhere it could get wet.

Didn't the previous owners give you any appliance owners manuals? I have them for practically everything in this house that will stay behind - including ceiling fans and water faucets! :LOL:

Last edited:
I too, left all instruction books to the new owners on the farm. Including how to turn off the outside water taps (13 of them) for the winter. Sump pump, living room stove (after all it was the main source of heat), kitchen stove, Lenox air exchanger, generac generator - wow - it filled a big old briefcase! LOL.

Fridge outside - I had a fridge in the barn which was pretty much 3 season. When it got really cold, I turned it off. It was handy for extra eggs, beer.

Re: the "replace filter" light, @Chef Munky. Look for the setting on the display with the word "Filter". Sometime it shares the space with "Light". It might say in tiny letters "hold three seconds". Then do a long press until you hear a tone signal and or the word "filter" goes out. That's what worked on my previous fridge and my current one.

Can't help you on the mini fridge, but I wouldn't put it anywhere it could get wet.

Didn't the previous owners give you any appliance owners manuals? I have them for practically everything in this house that will stay behind - including ceiling fans and water faucets! :LOL:
The only things they left behind was a very nice diamond ring. And a handful of keys that were unidentifiable.
It was by luck that I told one neighbor that I was still receiving his mail. The mailman wasn't picking it up to forward. Didn't mention the ring.
He stopped by one day. Invited him in to ask a few questions. That's how I found out about all the keys. My hands put together they filled my palms. That's how I found out about the ex.
Gave him his ring, mail. Called a locksmith out that day.

My best friend and his wife have an LG fridge. They hate it. When I visit, I have to remember not to use the ice dispenser in the freezer door. It throws ice at you, and all over the floor.

Here is a link to a .pdf version of the owner's manual fro your fridge. Just enter the model number int the "search by model" field. I checked, and your fridge is there.

CD

My best friend and his wife have an LG fridge. They hate it. When I visit, I have to remember not to use the ice dispenser in the freezer door. It throws ice at you, and all over the floor.

Here is a link to a .pdf version of the owner's manual fro your fridge. Just enter the model number int the "search by model" field. I checked, and your fridge is there.

CD
Hey, Hey CD, :)
Good to see you here again. It's been a while...
Thank you for the users manual. I have the PDF's d/l'd.
Your friends are right. That dispenser is touchy. We flooded the floor with water because of that handle that you push back. mine is sticky. it has to be manually pulled back after use. It was designed like that for the purpose of filling pitchers with water and ice. Those projectiled cubes hurt!

So how are you at fixing ovens? LOL :)
Mine is dead. Home Depot has too many rules for installation and disposal.
Found the much hidden Model #. Thank yu kitty Kat.
If I hadn't dropped her treat it wouldn't have been seen.

Hey, Hey CD, :)
Good to see you here again. It's been a while...
Thank you for the users manual. I have the PDF's d/l'd.
Your friends are right. That dispenser is touchy. We flooded the floor with water because of that handle that you push back. mine is sticky. it has to be manually pulled back after use. It was designed like that for the purpose of filling pitchers with water and ice. Those projectiled cubes hurt!

So how are you at fixing ovens? LOL :)
Mine is dead. Home Depot has too many rules for installation and disposal.
Found the much hidden Model #. Thank yu kitty Kat.
If I hadn't dropped her treat it wouldn't have been seen.

I pop in from time-to-time. I don't post a lot. But, if I can, I like to help people out.

I don't keep paper owners manual's anymore. I download them as PDF files, and keep them in a folder on my computer. You can get them online for just about everything from appliances up to and including cars. I have a full owner's manual for my 2016 Audi on my computer. It is so much easier to use than the paper manual in my glovebox.

CD

Back
Top Bottom