ISO Homemade Tahini recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I use a lot of tahini (mix it with miso and put it on toast, hummus, etc.) It has really gone up in price...does anyone make their own tahini? And if so, how?

As far as I knew, Tahini is just ground sesame seeds... sesame butter so to speak.

I imagine you would need a really nice grinder/blender.

Maybe a Vitamix?

Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)

Yield: 0.5 cup

2 Tbs sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water, tepid

1. Place sesame seeds in a blender or food processor and grind until smooth. Add sesame oil and salt. Process until combined. With the motor running, add the water in a very slow, steady stream and blend until smooth.

Sesame seeds turn rancid quickly, so make certain yours are fresh. Be sure to store them away from light and heat and use quickly.

2 Tbs sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water, tepid

1. Place sesame seeds in a blender or food processor and grind until smooth. Add sesame oil and salt. Process until combined. With the motor running, add the water in a very slow, steady stream and blend until smooth.

Sesame seeds turn rancid quickly, so make certain yours are fresh. Be sure to store them away from light and heat and use quickly.

Thanks for the recipe. It will be a awesome way to use up sesame seed. I had quit buying them because they get rancid so quickly.

Josie

2 Tbs sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup water, tepid

Thanks! Where does the "smokey" flavor come from (I use tahini from the ME).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom