ISO: Potato and Pesto Soup with Shell Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olivia712

Assistant Cook
Hello!

I have been trying to recreate a recipe that I used to have, and it has proven to be very difficult, even though I used to make it all the time. This recipe was in a book of Italian recipes that my dad bought, but since it was the only recipe from the book that ever got used it didn't survive when we moved. I know that the majority of the recipes in the book (or so it seemed to younger me) were seafood recipes.

I believe many of the measurements were in metric so I believe the book was published in Europe. Also, we had this book in 2006 so it would have been published before then.

The one recipe that I have been searching for was titled Potato and Parsley soup with Pesto, or something like that. This is not a blended soup. It was chunky. You started out with chopped bacon, cooked it with onions, then added chopped "mealy" potatoes. Then you added water and cooked it until the potatoes were done. Then you added cream or milk (not sure which) and swirled in some homemade pesto which was included in the recipe and definitely included olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese along with basil and maybe parsley. There were also shell pasta noodles in it.

If this recipe sounds familiar to anyone, could you please let me know? If someone by some miracle has the book (or thinks they do) please comment with the title and author. I have been craving this soup for a while and whenever I make it it doesn't turn out the way I remember it.

I have searched Pinterest, Google, allrecipes, and every other cooking website I can find and haven't come across anything even remotely close.

Thanks in advance! :chef:

Looks so close

CharlieD,

This looks SO close! I'll use this as a starting point and see how it turns out. Thank you!

you are welcome, hope it works. do google the name, there were a whole bunch of similar recipes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom