ISO roast fillet steak ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douzer77

Senior Cook
Normally fry my fillet steak (beef) and the add mushrooms and onions or a red wine/tomato sauce. Would love some suggestions as to roasting the individual steads. Am open to all suggestions.:chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
Coat one side with Dijon mustard, dip that side in a bowl of whole multi-colored peppercorns. Sear the peppercorn side first, turn over, then finish in the oven.

Coat sides with something like a Kansas City Steak Seasoning. Sear top, bottom, sides, then finish in oven.

That's about all I can think of. There's only so much you can do with a filet before you start messing with the integrity of it :chef:

Hmmm, i know, reckon its best on the pan but hate standing over the frying pan, much prefer throwing something in the oven or in a pot on top simmering away. :rolleyes:

Season the steak to taste with salt and pepper. Sear on one side, flip, and into the oven to almost finish. Remove from the oven, remove the steak from the pan and keep warm. Return the pan to the heat, add a little butter/oil if needed, some sliced shallots and mushrooms (sliced portobellos would be good), saute until limp, add a splash of soy (about 1 T), some red wine, and beef stock. Simmer until almost all the liquid is gone, and top the steak with this mixture.

If you have beef demi-glace on hand, that would be better than the stock. You can also leave out the mushrooms, saute the shallots, deglaze with brandy or cognac, add some demi and some good mustard, like a whole-grain dijon. Salt and pepper to taste

Steak au Poivre?

Yes, I am hanging out to get a nice saute pan to sear my steaks in. Currently I am using an electric frying pan turned up as hot as it gets but it is not the same. Does not taste the same.

I am a big fan of a cast iron skillet for searing a steak. I sear in smoking hot olive oil, then finish in the oven or on the grill. You might want to try a stilton or gorgonzola sauce sometime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom