ISO Subway Horseradish Sauce Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randi Miller

Assistant Cook
Anyone have a recipe for the horseradish sauce Subway used back in the early 2000s? I have looked and looked for a recipe and no luck. That sauce was awesome on roast beef!!

Randi

Just add horseradish to mayo. Or you can make the real thing; 1 large horseradish (2 Tblsps), 1 Tblsp white vinegar, 1 cup heavy cream, pinch sea salt. Blend salt & vinegar with horseradish, mixing well, add the cream and beat until thick and creamy.

Last edited:
I like to use Green Onion Dip, found the cold section of your grocery..

for about 1/4 cp of dip add 1 heaping tbs. of preparred horseradish ( from the little jar, also in the cold section)..

works very well with beef of any sort..

Eric, Austin Tx.

Just add horseradish to mayo. Or you can make the real thing; 1 large horseradish (2 Tblsps), 1 Tblsp white vinegar, 1 cup heavy cream, pinch sea salt. Blend salt & vinegar with horseradish, mixing well, add the cream and beat until thick and creamy.
Thank you, the prime rib for Thanksgiving was crying for something to spice it up. This will work just fine.
kades

I don't have Subway's recipe. Combine prepared horseradish w/ creme fraiche or sour cream, add a little dijon mustard & black or white pepper, to taste.

all of the horseradish sauce ideas sound good to me. i'd like to taste them every one, side by side by side.:) just wondering, if anybody has tried adding a small amount of wasabi to their horseradish spread....

vitauta said:
all of the horseradish sauce ideas sound good to me. i'd like to taste them every one, side by side by side.:) just wondering, if anybody has tried adding a small amount of wasabi to their horseradish spread....

Most wasabi I've found is actually horseradish with green food coloring, maybe a tiny bit of actual wasabi, Vit.

The main ingredient in my Penzey's Wasabi is.....guess what?

Last edited:
Most wasabi I've found is actually horseradish with green food coloring, maybe a tiny bit of actual wasabi, Vit.

that's interesting, dawg. can wasabi really be that difficult to come by that horseradish is actually disguised to stand in for it? in any case, i must be buying my prepared horseradish in the wrong places, cause even the hot version doesn't have that much heat--not that could be compared to wasabi, anyhow....

You're very right. I've had real wasabi and have some in the fridge but it looks and tastes different.

"Wasabi is difficult to cultivate (see below), and that makes it quite expensive. Due to its high cost, a common substitute is a mixture of horseradish, mustard, starch and green food coloring. Outside of Japan, it is rare to find real wasabi plants. Often packages are labeled as wasabi, but the ingredients do not actually include wasabi plant. Although the taste is similar between wasabi and horseradish, they are easily distinguished. In Japan, horseradish is referred to as seiyō wasabi (西洋わさび?, "western wasabi").[7] In the United States, true wasabi is generally found only at specialty grocers and high-end restaurants.[8]"

You could add some Tabasco for an extra kick.

I don't have Subway's recipe. Combine prepared horseradish w/ creme fraiche or sour cream, add a little dijon mustard & black or white pepper, to taste.
I, Like your idea cerise. Thank you.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom