ISO Veal escallop inspiration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jing

Cook
I have escallops in the meat drawer and should use them tonight for supper. But have lost my cooking mojo and am in need of inspiration. :(

If you had to make a meal with veal escallops tonight, what would you choose to make?

I have escallops in the meat drawer and should use them tonight for supper. But have lost my cooking mojo and am in need of inspiration. :(

If you had to make a meal with veal escallops tonight, what would you choose to make?

Veal ala Marsala would be my first choice. I'd serve it with thin pasta (angel hair or vermicelli).

I love veal marsala and veal parmesan...but I have never ever made veal saltimbocca....(sp). I think I will check that one out, Gravy. Thank you's!

Darn, just checked and it needs marsala, which I don't have. :( Still ISO inspiration, then...although that veal parmesan is starting to sound rather good...

Ah yes , sorry , it does need Marsala although you can substitute with Madeira which you probably don't have either lol . One for another day !

Darn, just checked and it needs marsala, which I don't have. :( Still ISO inspiration, then...although that veal parmesan is starting to sound rather good...

Are you talking about the Marsala or the saltimbocca? The saltimbocca calls for white wine.

Oooh....now I'm torn. Got Garlic, Gravy mentioned a Delia Smith recipe for Saltimbocca that does use Marsala rather than white wine. I actually went and bought some, but now I'm tempted by the thought of wienerschnitzel....

Since I had gone and bought the marsala, I made veal marsala in the end. Very tasty. Didn't have the parma ham that Delia's recipe called for, so that's for another time. And that veal franchise sounds rather delish....another one for another time methinks.

Thanks everyone. You answered in my hour of need!

No contest. Wiener schnitzel every time.

Back
Top Bottom