It's National Tater Tots Day! ~ Official® Menu for 2/2/2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having veggie brown basmati rice with stir-steamed (stirfry): broccoli, water chestnuts, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, soy sauce, and thickened with corn starch/water slurry. Sweet and savory stir fry sauce if you like that too. I like mine savory and savory.

Terrible, isn't it! 81 in a couple of weeks, and never heard of Tater Tots! Do you have to cook them, or just heat them up, maybe in a micro?

Terrible, isn't it! 81 in a couple of weeks, and never heard of Tater Tots! Do you have to cook them, or just heat them up, maybe in a micro?
Tater Tots are a kid friendly food.

The preferred method is to put them on a baking sheet and brown/crisp them in the oven.

You can also brown them in a skillet with a little oil on top of the stove.

I had a bunch of those little, Italian sausage balls that I roasted a few days ago with veggies. I had them in a sandwich on whole grain toast with the rest of the roasted mushrooms and some lettuce.

DH had the last of the roast veggies and some of the little, Italian sausage balls. He had stopped for lunch on the way home from his procedure, so wasn't very hungry.

We may snack later.

We're having leftovers. Himself is finishing off the shrimp Destin, I'm having Italian sausage and bean soup.

The preferred method is to put them on a baking sheet and brown/crisp them in the oven.

They absolutely rock when they are deep fried. A couple of small restaurants in Ohio offer them that way as an alternative to French fries. Tots are my choice each time!

Dominos now sells them with pizza ingredients on top. Personally, I think it's stupid, but I will make them at home instead of spending 7 bucks to try them out.

story_loaded-tots-story_thumb.jpg

Or, unless your a big scaredy cat health nut, you can deep fry them! That's what I do, but then I'm an Amuricin, so I can deep fry anything; potatoes, hot dogs, ravioli, Oreos, snickers bars, even ice cream!

Last edited:
Deep frying is the best way to prepare a basic tot.
I also defrost a handful of tots, mash them together and brown them in butter for a quick hash brown side dish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom