It's pumpkin season . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These all sound amazing! Thanks for some great ideas!

Last year, I made pumpkin beer . . . fermented with pumpkin pie spices and oak chips that I soaked in Knob Creek Bourbon . . . HELLO!

A favorite way to serve pumpkin for me, is to purchase the miniature pumpkins that are about the size of a softball. I cut the top off, and seed them, then carve jack-o-lantern faces into them, brush the inside with butter, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves, then bake them. Serve each person their own pumpkin. It tastes like pumpkin pie.

I could see cutting the top off, seeding, and filling with a pulled pork mixture, or meat loaf mixture as well. That would be great.

In fact, I'm wondering if a savory veggie mixture wouldn't be equally great, baked inside mini-pumpkins. Anyone have any ideas for other great pumpkin fillings, maybe curry or something?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I stuff winter squash with a meat-based tomato sauce. I make a curry using winter squash that has chicken in it. I usually add chick peas to it.

Recipe Details

But if one used the pumpkin as the delivery device, I could see ladling the curry (minus the pumpkin) into cooked pumpkin. I only have made this with winter squash.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom