Japanese Taiyaki Fish Pancakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
I bought a Taiyaki Fish Pan to make these cute pancakes which can be sweet or savoury, depending on the filling you put in.

I have a recipe from the box, which makes about 6 of them.
Taiyaki Fish Pan

I would dearly love to make them for the grands breakfast, weekend or before school. If before school, I have to make them early enough or the night before.

Questions:
Can I make this dough/batter the night before? and/or
Can I make these pancakes the night before and reheat?

Ingredients:
1 c. A/P Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda = I'm worried this will not be active next day
1 Tbsp brown or white sugar
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Sweet red beans (for filling, or your choice, maybe a custard)

I want to try it before but right now I'm on anti-biotics (again!) and a liquid diet for a while (divirticuli's are having a party down there):mad:

Thanks Ross, I was pretty sure there was a batter than even suggests to leave overnight, but I didn't know if it was pancakes, waffles, or another different batter all together.

Thanks Ross, I was pretty sure there was a batter than even suggests to leave overnight, but I didn't know if it was pancakes, waffles, or another different batter all together.
I refrigerate Dutch baby/German pancake batter overnight. I didn't mention it because it doesn't have baking soda in it. I don't know whether that makes a difference.

This should answer your question about pre-made pancake batter in the fridge.

3051c06d-52ea-4aa9-a61b-0b4d54b43d00.92c61da7b31d55600b76b6322c9d434a.png

I will be trying them soon. Just too exhausted right now, have to give me a couple of days.

Doing the bunnies in the morning, talking with doc on phone, talk with Dentist on phone, Drug Store, Post Office, (finally cleaned up the kitchen :ermm:), Did the bunnies again. And now just sitting here staring at screen wondering if my fingers have the energy to finish this. But wait! can't crash yet... have to set my timers for the cipro, flagl and potassium or what ever... I'm fading fast.

Hopefully dog will wake me to let her out later! ACCKK!

I've made okonomiyaki, savory pancakes that can incorporate vegetables and various meats, seafood, etc. They're a popular snack in Japan. Lots of recipes on the web.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom