Jobs/Anhaueser Busch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Shock is only thing I can say when the vet's assistant tells me her sister was only 7 months away from retirement. Now that AB is being taken over they question whether they will still get their retirement much less their jobs! She told me that In Bev told them whatever plans they had with AB are off. So her sister gets upset and not only develops shingles but Bell's Palsy beside. Having been acquainted with both of these physical problems, I am not sure how someone could handle them. This assistant told me she has to put bandage over her eye at night so she can sleep. Her mouth is open on one side. How can someone be expected to work with this? She is taking pain medication beside the scheduled prescriptions for the shingles and palsy. I really feel upset about this poor woman. She worked for the brewery 27 years and now she may not even be allowed her retirement plus the pension she was promised. I always, always felt t he brewery was such secure place.

Don't know if this is right area but please include this lady in your prayers tonight t hat she will receive her expected retirement. I don't even know this lady but it really breaks my heart. May God protect us.

I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

That sounds kind of like what James said happened with Morrells, in Ottumwa, when Chiquita Banana bought them years ago. They just stopped (after petitioning the government) paying retirement benefits (including people who had already retired). Horrible.

:huh:Barbara

I cannot imagine how this economy is going to return to the quality that I experienced in my many years of working. I considered working for brewery sure thing t hat would be around for eternity. This really knocks the 'wind out of my sails'. This poor girl is only one of the many that are probably going through some kind of stress that no one is aware of. I only remember one case where man who worked in a department that they eliminated and he worked there for more than 30 years. He committed suicide over it. Just proves when you really take pride and love your job and then it gets taken away, people sometimes cannot accept it.

Thanks Barbara for your prayers. I can only imagine how miserable she must be.

...I only remember one case where man who worked in a department that they eliminated and he worked there for more than 30 years. He committed suicide over it. Just proves when you really take pride and love your job and then it gets taken away, people sometimes cannot accept it.

Thanks Barbara for your prayers. I can only imagine how miserable she must be.
James said several people at the company he mentioned committed suicide as well. Corporations are out to make a profit, and I don't see anything wrong with that, but they need to remember that there are real peoples' lives involved and take that into consideration when deciding what to do.

:huh:Barbara

To one and all has anybody ever read Jerry Mander. In one of his books he gave the 11 rules of corporate behaviour in the book he states that the employ's are nothing but tools for the bottom line and are to be tossed aside at a moments notice. It sure opened my eyes. I'll try and find them and post them for all to see.

Dave, here you go: Eleven Inherent Rules of Corporate Behavior - Jerry Mander

These might be best kept from children lest they get the idea that people are mean.. They aren't, just greedy.

Looks like we are on the same page about these businesses. Such sad thing to believe the businesses hire you without any concern of your personal life. Only for the betterment and growth of their business. I just never ever thought the brewery would not be here forever. Now when I talk to people they fear that all the 'good' that the company shared with the public is forgotten. This Grant's Farm is near my home. People believe In Bev will close it and use the location for development of homes or worse, another shopping center.

If you're familiar with Aaron Feuerstein's experience with labor after the fire at Malden Mills, the manufacturer of Polartec fabric, I think you'll agree that labor can be as ungrateful as business.

I think ERISA and the Pension Benefits Guaranty Corp may provide employee's with some protection; but the days of defined benefit pension plans are largely pretty much gone. Unfortunately the rules of the game are constantly changing, but right now it seems 401k's and IRAs are the way to go. IRAs have been around for over 25 years but it seems many people were unwilling or unable to make the sacrifices neccessary to contribute to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom