John Pen article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
There was a nice article in Tuesdays Buffalo Evening News about John Pen and how he foiled the bank robbery get away. Maybe one of you techno wiz’s can link the article.

wittdog said:
There was a nice article in Tuesdays Buffalo Evening News about John Pen and how he foiled the bank robbery get away. Maybe one of you techno wiz’s can link the article.
Here it is.

John, at what point in a physical confrontation do you stop fist fighting and go for your gun? Obviously you were not armed when you foiled this would be felon, but when you are on duty and you are faced with a guy who is getting the better of you in a physical altercation, where do you draw the line to stop throwing punches and start shooting?

I had a buddy who is a deputy in Athens county and he was in a bad fight where he was getting his ass handed to him...he was being marked by HQ and wasn't answering back so they knew he was in trouble...he ended up being assisted by a State Trooper and another deputy to cuff and stuff this guy, but he told me that if the fight would haver gone on another 30 seconds he would have backed up a bit, drew down and shot this guy because he wasn't going to apprehend him and was certain that this guy was going to do severe harm to him if he wouldn't have acted. He had no taser and his eye pepper didn't work on this guy...who ended up being wacked out of his mind on drugs! :eek:

Just wondering!

Wow, wtg! You be careful doing things like that! We had an offduty officer shot and killed in South Bend just a few weeks ago. He tried to protect a female friend during a robbery and ended up with a fatal gunshot wound. Very scarey stuff!

Here's a link to the news story on him:
http://www.wndu.com/news/042006/news_49430.php

Greg Rempe said:
John, at what point in a physical confrontation do you stop fist fighting and go for your gun? Obviously you were not armed when you foiled this would be felon, but when you are on duty and you are faced with a guy who is getting the better of you in a physical altercation, where do you draw the line to stop throwing punches and start shooting?

I had a buddy who is a deputy in Athens county and he was in a bad fight where he was getting his ass handed to him...he was being marked by HQ and wasn't answering back so they knew he was in trouble...he ended up being assisted by a State Trooper and another deputy to cuff and stuff this guy, but he told me that if the fight would haver gone on another 30 seconds he would have backed up a bit, drew down and shot this guy because he wasn't going to apprehend him and was certain that this guy was going to do severe harm to him if he wouldn't have acted. He had no taser and his eye pepper didn't work on this guy...who ended up being wacked out of his mind on drugs! :eek:

Just wondering!

Now Greg, if I were a policeman, I would have pulled my gun and shot him when he ran the red light. These guys deserve lots of credit, they never know what the situation is that they are about to get into! Bravo John....Great Job!

Greg,

When you get to the point where you aen't sure who's going to be going home to see the wife and kids...you or the bad guy, you better be pulling that trigger. It's that one quick, instantaneous moment where you delay acting, that can lead exactly to that.

Good Job John, 365/24/7, you make all those who wear the badge, and we that use to, proud!!

Finney said:
Good job John. =D>

Greg wants to know why the website wasn't mentioned in the article. :)

Well at least they mentioned his rank. They still have rankings. :) :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom