Juicer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I used to have Breville Juicer that I bought maybe 5-6 years ago, at the time it was awesome. We have this friends that kept borrowing the darn thing. I finally got tired of it and told them to keep it.
Of course now we are looking for new juicer, and there are so many new machines out there it is not even funny. Looking for a very good quality machine, because when I use it I juice like a case of apples, or pears, or carrots, etc. It has to be a strong machine.
Any suggestions?

America's Test Kitchen sent out an email a few days ago with this updated product test.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - WINNER -Breville Juice Fountain Plus $149.99

RECOMMENDED WITH RESERVATIONS -Omega VRT350 Low Speed Juicer $379.99

RECOMMENDED WITH RESERVATIONS -Champion Commercial Juicer $259.99

RECOMMENDED WITH RESERVATIONS -Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor $59.99

RECOMMENDED WITH RESERVATIONS -Juiceman Juice Extractor and Citrus Juicer $80.99

NOT RECOMMENDED -Oster 400-Watt Single-Speed Juice Extractor $56.65

Thank you.

The fountain plus has plastic body, I'm afraid it will not withstand a case of apples.

You're welcome. And I don't have a juicer either, although one of these days I will justify one. I passed up an old Champion at a yard sale last year. Was old, but in good shape. Forty bucks. Sigh.....

I don't have a Juicer BUT :

My friend has an Omega 8006 Nutrition System Masticating Juicer and loves it.
They range in the $200 - $300 range.

I've read reviews, and they say that these kind of juicers are great with hard and leafy fruits an vegetables, but not as good for softer fruits and vegetables. I've never had the pleasure of having a juicer so I cant tell from experience.

But a lot of them have additional attachments for pasta making and all that other crap. Im guessing these features drive up the price.

Finally, my new toy. Now if only I can get the picture to load properly.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 210
America's Test Kitchen sent out an email a few days ago with this updated product test.
RECOMMENDED WITH RESERVATIONS -Champion Commercial Juicer $259.99

I'd be interested in hearing what those "reservations" are. I picked up a Champion about six months ago at the thrift shop for $10 (the great thing about Champions is that if you don't look too closely or know what you're looking at, it just looks like an electric motor with some other stuff in the box).

It's the first serious juicer I've owned, and I've found it to be strikingly efficient - as long as you're juicing enough fruit/vegetables to form the "tailings plug" that it relies on to maintain the back pressure the juice extractor needs. It's particularly good at stuff like apples and carrots - the pulp comes out very dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom