July 2 - Saturday, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm working again this evening, so Ken will be choosing the meal for tonight. I think I'm going to make a stir fry at work for the kids though. Its a hot day and there are tons of leftovers in the fridge so that sounds like my current plan.

I might grill some chicken wings. That will mean cleaning my grill though. Unless I want another fire in it like I had last night, lol.

I just threw together a simple soup (chicken & rice), even though it's pretty warm out the soup is hearty and it'll keep me full while I'm at work tonight.

I have had the last couple of weeks off so I am up to here with grilling. I think I will get the fryer out and do up some wings myself. Maybe some home made fries. but, that will be twice in one week.:ohmy:

Something about reading your post and seeing the word "fryer", Rock, has me thinking maybe I'll fry some fish tonight instead. I haven't had breaded and fried fish in a while. My toughest decision will be walleye or perch. There will be fries :chef:

Left over pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw. Will be spending the afternoon making potato salad for the family picnic tomorrow.

Left over pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw. Will be spending the afternoon making potato salad for the family picnic tomorrow.
I had no clue what to fix for supper (too hot and lazy today), but your post reminded me that we have leftover pork roast. We will have that with applesauce. I'll throw a couple potatoes in to bake (or if it is still too hot I'll just throw them in the microwave) and will fix a vegetable to go with it. :cool:

My husband has been doing the cooking this week, so it's my turn tonight. I'm doing BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and probably some potatoes. He started some bread, so I have to pop that in the oven and then we are making sausage tonight. I'm not much of a griller, so the ribs should be interesting.

french bread pizza and a salad. ended up with tamale pie last night so pizza it is. very, very hot here. i think i will put the stouffers pizza in micro. not as crisp but certainly eatable. to hot for oven.

I'm going to grill some burgers and corn-on-the-cob, slice some fresh tomatoes, make some cucumbers & sour cream with dill and maybe treat myself to a few potato chips.

I made one of my easy favorites, fried crumbled ground sausage mixed with cornbread stuffing casserole, and browned on top 30 minutes @ 350°. Yum.

I just waked past my main BBQ pit, and the Therm-O-meter was reading 125*~ I was tempted to BBQ some ribs...I only need enough coals to raise the temperature 90-100 degrees and I'd be cooking...Once inside the cool of the A/C I chose to fry fish (in the house) instead.....May cook a Hush puppy too....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom