Just found this site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkaylady

Senior Cook
Hello everyone, I was looking up information on Mandolines when I found this site listed. I bought La Mandoline by DeBuyer and then I saw the La Mandoline Ultra by DeBuyer which also dices. I have not used it yet and I purchased both and don't know which one I should keep. Some reviews I have read on the Ultra say that the dicing mechanism is a problem but more other reviewers stated they love the Ultra. What to do?

I don't know if I need to start a new thread about this or if I can get a response here. Either way I am glad my search led me to this site as I am sure I will have many other things to discuss and look up as well.

Welcome to DC! Sorry I don't know anything about those mandolines, but I wanted to welcome you and say Come join in the conversations!

Thanks everyone, I'm very glad to be here!

I guess I will find the appropriate forum and post my Mandoline question. :)

Welcome to DC. I'll be watching your thread as I'm thinking of buying my first Mandoline and know nothing about them except that I've seen them used on FoodNetwork.

Welcome to DC. I'll be watching your thread as I'm thinking of buying my first Mandoline and know nothing about them except that I've seen them used on FoodNetwork.

So far no one is responding to the thread I started in Cook's Tools. I guess I am not the only one with questions about this. :)

When I check in with DC, the first thing I look at is my Subscribed Threads. This is in your User CP. It lists in order of time of the latest posting. After that, I check the New Postings.

If your post doesn't get answered, sometimes you need to post another note to your thread, which brings it back up to the top of the list.

I added a post to your Cook's Tools posting, so it will be near the top of the list of new postings for awhile and hopefully someone with some knowledge about mandolines will inform us.

Last edited:
When I check in with DC, the first thing I look at is my Subscribed Threads. This is in your User CP. It lists in order of time of the latest posting. After that, I check the New Postings.

If your post doesn't get answered, sometimes you need to post another note to your thread, which brings it back up to the top of the list.

I added a post to your Cook's Tools posting, so it will be near the top of the list of new postings for awhile and hopefully someone with some knowledge about mandolines will inform us.

Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom