Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I try to have one fun book and one that will teach me something going at the same time.

I grabbed the first book in Terry Brooks' High Druid of Shannara series Jarka Ruus; I also have Manda Scott's Boudica, Dreaming the Eagle queued up.

For some pseudo "brain food" reading I picked up The Introvert Advantage (How to Thrive in an Extrovert World) by Marti Olsen Laney.

:heart:
Z

wasabi said:
I bought these from Costco today-

Black Rose by Nora Roberts
Picture Perfect by Fern Michaels
Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

Tomorrow morning, I pick up the new Harry Potter book, so my Costco books will be put on the back shelf.

I read
NIGHTS OF RAIN AND STARS a few weeks ago!
It's a really good book. Set in Greece ( lol...so it had to be good).:):)

wasabi said:
I bought these from Costco today-

Black Rose by Nora Roberts
Picture Perfect by Fern Michaels
Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

Tomorrow morning, I pick up the new Harry Potter book, so my Costco books will be put on the back shelf.

wasabi, I buy my books from Costco also. Such good prices. I also forgot to mention that I am also reading Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis. Now it just need to decide what to cook out of it. So many good recipes.

I finished reading the books in my previous list. Here is what I am reading now:

First Rider's Call by Kristen Britain (Although it is not scary this one kept me awake one night last week. I read it before I went to bed and then could not go to sleep.):ermm:
Flashback by Nevada Barr (This one is starting out to slow for me, I doubt I will finish this book.)
Flyboys A True Story of Courage by James Bradley

I'm about 2/3 of the way through The DaVinci Code. Very cool story! I can see why it has caused so much controversy but I'm just reading it like the fictional story that it is. I recommend it.

pdswife said:
:) Like always I'm reading a # of books.

Maeve Benchy's QUENTINS
James Patterson's LIFEGUARD
Victoria Holt's THE INDIA FAN
Nuala O'Faolain's ARE YOU SOMEBODY?
and
THE TRUTH ABOUT CELIA BY Kevin Brockmeier:)

Have you read The Scarlet Feather? (Maeve Binchy)
I love her books I have all of them. At the moment I'm reading Shelia OFlanagan's Too Good To Be True.
Have you read any Cathy Kelly? She is in that same style as Maeve.
I love reading its so relaxing and its an escape from everyday life!

i just bought like 20 medical books, used, all hardcover, and i love 'em. i am fascinated by medicine and these books are just the sort i like to read.

Just finishing Steve Berry's "The Third Secret" in reading to myself. In reading aloud, we're finishing up "The English Governess at the Siamese Court." Both excellent!

Oh, Damp ... I read Da Vinci when it first came out, and my immediate thought was, what a great murder mystery type book. Then all this scandal came out, and all I could think (and I was raised Catholic) was -- hey, guys, get over it. It is filed under FICTION. Then my blind friend asked me to read it to her (also raised Catholic), and we had a big hoot on it. I bet Dan Brown is just loving the Catholic Church for all the fuss they've raised. I'll bet they've doubled his sales! Had the Church said nothing, it would still have been a popular book ... it is just plain good. But the fuss has made many more people pick it up and read. How fun! Reading is great!!!

mrsmac said:
Have you read The Scarlet Feather? (Maeve Binchy)
I love her books I have all of them. At the moment I'm reading Shelia OFlanagan's Too Good To Be True.
Have you read any Cathy Kelly? She is in that same style as Maeve.
I love reading its so relaxing and its an escape from everyday life!

I have read the SCARLET FEATHER.
I enjoy all her books. I'll have to go to the library
and check out a few of Cathy Kelly's. I always love to find
new books to read. Thanks for the recommendation!:)

DampCharcoal said:
I'm about 2/3 of the way through The DaVinci Code. Very cool story! I can see why it has caused so much controversy but I'm just reading it like the fictional story that it is. I recommend it.

I read this a few months ago. It's a great book!
It was really written well. I had to keep reminding
myself that it was just a story. :)

I am reading a book called "Thunderwith" by Libby Hathorn, to my class, its very moving I have cried twice! Its been made into a movie in the US with Judy Davis but it has a different name which I can't remember.

I"m on the reserve list for Lifeguard by James Patterson.

I"m currently reading 'THE HOT FLASH CLUB'. By Nancy Thayer
I pick up a ton of books tomorrow for our local book mobile. I will be reading about Ronald Reagan, and ****'s Angels.

hvacwife said:
I"m on the reserve list for Lifeguard by James Patterson.

I"m currently reading 'THE HOT FLASH CLUB'. By Nancy Thayer
I pick up a ton of books tomorrow for our local book mobile. I will be reading about Ronald Reagan, and ****'s Angels.

LIFEGUARD is a great book!!
I don't buy new books. I always go to the library or
garage sales. BUT, hubby always buys me the new James Patterson books as soon as they are released. He's my favorite writer these days.:):):)

I read so profusely that buying books is a luxury that I only indulge in with books I know I'll re-read. The school system where I lived in 4th grade picked up on the fact that I could read better than most and loved it .... and experimented with me in a speed reading class. I don't speed read on purpose unless a book I'm not enjoying has information I want to extract from it. Being an insomniac gives me many extra hours of reading a day. But even "normal" reading is a minimum of 3 books a week. I could build a house, make that a mansion, using them as bricks if I owned all of them. So I'm also a library fan, and always have been.

BTW, if you're loving The DaVinci Code, try anything by Steve Berry. Just finished The Third Secret, and have also read The Amber Room and The Romanov Prophecy. They aren't quite as convoluted as Dan Brown's novels, but really in the same sort of line. I'm going to recommend one next for my ladies.

i'm getting reading to read some poe, starting with 'the raven'. i love that poem. then i'm reading 'the telltale heart.'
then 'the cask of amontillado.'

Back
Top Bottom