K~Girl's Individually-Sized Pineapple Upside Down Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
By request, oh and for me too. Sometimes I forget to write down a recipe.

IMG_0694.jpg

1 pck. Yellow Cake Mix (add oil & eggs as called for on the box)
1 1/3 C. Pineapple Juice (if you don't enough reserved juice-add water)
1/2 C. (1 stick) Butter, melted
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
12 Maraschino Cherries
1 (20 oz.) can Pineapple Tidbits (or Crushed or even rings), drained-reserve the juice

Preheat the oven to 350°
Mix your cake mix as per the directions on the box, replacing the water for that reserved Juice; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the Butter and Sugar.
Spray 12 Jumbo Muffin tin cups with cooking/baking spray.
Spoon in the Butter/Sugar mixture evenly between the cups.
Place a Cherry in the middle of the cup, followed by a heaping tablespoon of Pineapple (or a Ring if using).
Pour the cake batter into each cup, about 3/4 full.
Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Remove to a wire cooling rack over a pan to cool for 3 minutes.
Run a knife around the edges and flip over onto the wire rack.

These freeze beautifully if 12 are too many for your household. ;)
This recipe will also give you 24 Cupcake size, enough for a crowd.

many many thanks..

On my to-do list.

Even better now I see they can be frozen! GREAT!!

(not just a pretty face, are yuh, Kgirl.. :rolleyes: :LOL:)

it is now a toss up between this and Janet H's Ginger Pear Upside-down cake, wondering if I can freeze those too as individual servings... don't see why not. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sounds good. I saved it to Copy Me That.

many many thanks..

On my to-do list.

Even better now I see they can be frozen! GREAT!!

(not just a pretty face, are yuh, Kgirl.. :rolleyes: :LOL:)

BAHAHAHA!!!

it is now a toss up between this and Janet H's Ginger Pear Upside-down cake, wondering if I can freeze those too as individual servings... don't see why not. Any suggestions?

I'd give it whirl dragn!
IMHO, I'd try Janet's recipe first, while Pears are in season... canned Pineapple would make for a nice Winter dessert :idea:
I'd venture to guess, although someone else would probably know better than I, that any cake recipe could be divvied up into either 6 or 12 Jumbo Muffins. You could artfully arrange the Pear slices in the bottom of the cups :flowers:

I also saved to CMT.

Thank you Kgrl.

What is this "Copy Me That"? I keep meaning to look it up ...

What is this "Copy Me That"? I keep meaning to look it up ...

It's site where you can store your recipes. I have a widget in my browser on my computer that I click on the page with the recipe and then it saves the recipe and the link to the recipe. You can also add your own recipes. There are apps for phones and tablets. I often use my tablet to look at recipes. It's really handy. If the recipe is from a link, then CMT will show the ingredients and the instructions to the person who saved it to CMT, but if other people look, all they get is the picture, the rating, any tags, a link to the original page, and the ingredient list. So, anyone who sees my copy of your recipe on CMT, will have to come here to DC to see the instructions. Here's a link to my copy of your recipe, so you can see what I mean: https://www.copymethat.com/r/qTSzHwlu8/kgirls-individually-sized-pineapple-upsi/

I use the free version, but I have been using it so much that I will be paying for the enhanced version soon.

I have the CMT app on my phone and my laptop where I keep and update my cookbook. If I see a recipe on my phone, I can send it to the CMT app and it will coy over to my laptop version of the app. Then I can add it to my cookbook.

I'll copy it to my wife— she cooks the sweets.

When I was a campjack for an outfitter near Yellowstone, I made two pineapple upside-down cakes in 18-inch dutch ovens: probably my highest point as a backcountry chef.

By request, oh and for me too. Sometimes I forget to write down a recipe.

View attachment 47732

1 pck. Yellow Cake Mix (add oil & eggs as called for on the box)
1 1/3 C. Pineapple Juice (if you don't enough reserved juice-add water)
1/2 C. (1 stick) Butter, melted
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
12 Maraschino Cherries
1 (20 oz.) can Pineapple Tidbits (or Crushed or even rings), drained-reserve the juice

Preheat the oven to 350°
Mix your cake mix as per the directions on the box, replacing the water for that reserved Juice; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the Butter and Sugar.
Spray 12 Jumbo Muffin tin cups with cooking/baking spray.
Spoon in the Butter/Sugar mixture evenly between the cups.
Place a Cherry in the middle of the cup, followed by a heaping tablespoon of Pineapple (or a Ring if using).
Pour the cake batter into each cup, about 3/4 full.
Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Remove to a wire cooling rack over a pan to cool for 3 minutes.
Run a knife around the edges and flip over onto the wire rack.

These freeze beautifully if 12 are too many for your household. ;)
This recipe will also give you 24 Cupcake size, enough for a crowd.

I’d like to make this in my mini cheesecakes pan (with the push up bottom) or mini cupcakes pan.
How long would you bake them? I’m thinking 15 minutes?

Back
Top Bottom