KA Mixer Sale - Costco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We received a Costco coupon book in the mail today. It has a coupon for a KA mixer. It's a 6 quart bowl lift mixer with a one horsepower motor. I think that's about the most powerful KA I remember seeing. According to a quick google search, 1 HP = about 747 watts of power. By comparison, my KA 5-quart has a 350 Watt motor.

The $60 coupon brings the price down from $350 to $290. I think this is a fantastic price. If you want or need a mixer, this should get serious consideration.

You can read about it here: KitchenAid® Professional 6 Qt Mixer

It's in my Costco Coupon Book too, so it must be countrywide and the price is the same.

They have the Red and the Silver mixers here.

I didn't get a coupon book from Costco. We usually get a couple of pages of coupons as we go into Costco.

We get a coupon book every single month without fail in the mail. We also get the Costco Connection magazine each month.
There is also always a stack of coupon books at the front of the store.
The coupon book is actually not needed to get the savings.
The coupon book is for shopping information. (to let you know whats on sale this month).
When you present yourself at checkout, the coupon pricing is already inputed to the system.

The coupon books are only a method to help you to see sale prices, direct you to the sales items and to get you into the store.
There is no cutting out or even presenting a coupon in Costco. There is no need.

Last edited:
...There is no cutting out or even presenting a coupon in Costco. There is no need.

This is not universally true. The coupon book contains a Master Bar Code that has to be scanned. True, some offers are automatic but others require the bar code. On the first inside page of the book it tells you to bring either the book or the Costco app on a smart phone with you to be scanned.

They also tell you there will be no books at the store but that has been a load of crap. As you said, there have been plenty in the store.

The Costco store nearest to me expects customers to wave the deal book at the cashier to get the discounts. The next nearest store just checks out the order with no comment exept "Anything from the food court?"

I guess Costco does it different in the US. And, our food court is on the other side of the cash registers, so food court stuff doesn't get paid at the regular cash.

RB, I'm pretty sure that's how the coupons we get at the door work too.

My point was the coupon is a formality. We have never actually had to present a coupon to take the savings.

This is not universally true. The coupon book contains a Master Bar Code that has to be scanned. True, some offers are automatic but others require the bar code. On the first inside page of the book it tells you to bring either the book or the Costco app on a smart phone with you to be scanned.

They also tell you there will be no books at the store but that has been a load of crap. As you said, there have been plenty in the store.

Yes, Andy and Taxlady. The cashier needs to swipe the coupon book at check out. We have had this discussion it seems each time we go to Costco. Between ourselves and with the cashier.
Rarely do we even know they swiped it. I only know they priced it right when I check my receipt.
Also, in most every instance, the coupon price is displayed above or near the item in the store. But yes, some items may not look like they are on sale, so we look at and bring the coupon book with us each time.

I guess Costco does it different in the US. And, our food court is on the other side of the cash registers, so food court stuff doesn't get paid at the regular cash.

Ours is the same way. Food Court is across from the registers and requires a separate payment at the food court.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom