Kapoosh Knife Block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had that one for about 4 years now and I LOVE it! My knives didn't come with a block, and I have added other brands of knives over the years and this is the perfect solution, I even slide my instant read thermometer in it. I like being able to add whatever knife I choose to the block. I got it because I lived in an apartment and wasn't able to put up a magnet strip, and there really isn't any good place in my new house, so I still use it and love it!

I do wonder if those "never need sharpening" knives would shred up the plastic finger thingys, but my fine edge knives work really well with it.

I bought one years ago and really liked it, but I ruined it (unintentionally) by keeping my two serrated bread knives in it. The serrated blades just caught and bent and mangled and shredded the "finger thingies" so that it got harder and harder to slide any of the knives in. The good news is, I emailed the manufacturer about it and they sent me, free of charge, a replacement (for the interior part). It's nice when a company stands behind its product--I don't see too much of that happening anymore.

Robo410 said:
not for me. Has trouble holding larger and longer/heavier knives.

What do you mean? I keep my large heavy Wusthoff chefs knife in it, and bread knife and it holds them just fine. No, it won't suspend them in the tip top of the holder, but it holds them just fine, with smaller knives in the bottom tier.

Last edited:
foodstorm said:
I bought one years ago and really liked it, but I ruined it (unintentionally) by keeping my two serrated bread knives in it. The serrated blades just caught and bent and mangled and shredded the "finger thingies" so that it got harder and harder to slide any of the knives in. The good news is, I emailed the manufacturer about it and they sent me, free of charge, a replacement (for the interior part). It's nice when a company stands behind its product--I don't see too much of that happening anymore.

I was thinking that would happen with certain knives, my bread knife has large serrations and hasn't been a problem, I could see a knife with the smaller teeth, and lots of them, like the never need sharpening (ginsu style, or cutco) being a problem.

Back
Top Bottom