Katie's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, let's see...where do I begin? How 'bout the weekend? Had a wonderful time at Constance and Kim's. They have a wonderful home and three super pets. Two Siamese kitties and an adorable doggie, so was able to get my furbaby fix, too. I arrived at their home about 4 Friday afternoon. The weather wasn't the best, but we didn't care.

We ate like royalty and, of course, too much. I came home with leftovers from Friday and Saturday night's dinners. My plan was to eat one of them last night for my dinner and save the other for tonight. That's not how things worked out. You'll see why soon.

I think Constance and Kim are still sweeping all the words that we spilled, we talked so much. It was wonderful being able to have an real honest-to-goodness conversation. I haven't had anyone to talk to since Buck died and it was so much fun. I'm sure they think I must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle I talked so much.

I left after a huge breakfast/brunch on Sunday and, by then, the sun had decided to come out. At least I had a sunny drive home.

P.S. Kim was the chef for the weekend and gets 5 stars for his performance.:clap::clap:

By the time I arrived home yesterday about 4 o'clock, I had already had a top notch birthday celebration. I came home to many pairs of little eyes saying, "Mommy, where have you been?" They didn't leave my side for a second all last night. I prolonged the celebrating by eating Friday's leftovers for dinner last night. Then, there was today.

I awoke at my normal early hour, got up and fed the babies and decided I was going to be a slug today and go back to bed for a little while because it was my birthday. I did, but was only there for an extra hour which, for me, WAS a long time.

The weather today was picture-perfect. About 65-70F, low humidity, slight breeze, pure blue sky with not a cloud in sight.

I was in the process of doing my morning chores when a girlfriend here in town called to wish me "happy birthday." Then she said she was going to take me out to lunch and for ice cream to celebrate. Didn't have to ask me twice. She was to pick me up just before noon.

I went to the shop to see my Julie kitty and put out food and do some shop business. I picked up the mail on the way to the shop. Usual stuff, plus a big box from Amazon. I hadn't ordered anything, so my hope was it was something for my birthday. Yep, it was a portable DVD/CD player from 3 of my children. Yeah, I'd wanted one.

So, Donna picked me up and we headed for the restaurant in a town about 30 miles away. It was in an old historic stone house and the lunch was delicious. We headed to Wal-Mart because she had promised to pick some things up for an elderly friend. In and out of Wal-Mart and ready to head to Dairy Queen, my choice, for our ice cream. I was still full from lunch but ice cream sounded good. Just about then she asked if I wanted to do anything else.

Just to be silly, I said, "Sure, let's go to Murray to see my youngest brother." To my surprise she said, "Show me the way."

Bear in mind, my brother lives/works in a town another 30 miles from where we were. So, we did the only reasonble thing, we went.

He was really, really, really surprised to see me. We had a nice visit with him, found a Dairy Queen in his town and enjoyed our raspberry/chocolate truffle Blizzards while we sat at a picnic table under some big old trees, then we headed for home. She pulled into my driveway right at 5 p.m.

I entered the house to, again, lots of pairs of little eyes saying, "Mommy you left us...AGAIN!"

I hadn't been home more than 5 minutes when my other brother who lives about half a mile from me called and said he and his wife had planned dinner for me for my birthday and to be on their doorstep at 6:30. Omigosh, I'm going to explode from all the food the last several days.

Okay, so I came home about 9:30 from my brother's house where we feasted on crispy fried chicken (yard bird, he calls it), mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans with smoked bacon, corn, hot rolls and butter, iced tea, and coconut cream pie, still warm from the oven. Put a fork in me, I'm done.

At the moment, I'm sitting in my recliner with Miss Augie and Chessie Lou on the right arm, Ashley on the left arm, Sally on the seat next to my left thigh, Tumble on the back just above my head (his back paws and tail are resting on my left shoulder), Miss Rodeo on the sofa seat just to my right and Tween on the back of the sofa right above Miss Rodeo. That's everyone and that's where they've been sinced I arrived home tonight after dinner. They REALLY missed their mommy. Guess I'd better stay home tomorrow, except for my few hours at the shop.

Oh, I hope to have my leftover prime rib tomorrow for dinner. If I work things right, I might not have to cook for days.

Well, all, thanks for all your best wishes and thank you Consance and Kim for making me feel so loved and special. The only thing that would have made this birthday perfect is to have had Buck beside me.

Last edited:
I'm so thrilled that you got to meet Connie and KIm and spend your birthday with them...Good special people,meeting each other. It sounds as if you had a whirlwind weekend. You deserved that..And you know how I feel, Someone special was there with you. Happy Birthday Katie.
cj

It was a treat for us to have Katie as a guest! She's quite a lady. I'm so glad we were able to help make her birthday special.

By the way, we're still eating leftovers too, Katie. We'll finish off the steak tonight.

What a great birthday, Katie, and I'm sure you deserve it. It sounds like you all had a great time and you must be a very loved person to have so much attention. Happy Birthday from me, too. and many more.............

I'm finally getting around to the photos...we had fun, as you can see.

This first one is my fave!

Attachments

• amaryllis and orchid0014.jpg
    amaryllis and orchid0014.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 176
Here's the Frogmore Stew...sorry I didn't get a pic of the prime rib.

Attachments

• amaryllis and orchid0008.jpg
    amaryllis and orchid0008.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 138
Connie, your signature and the pictures really go well together. The food looks great and the friendship even greater!

We thought about y'all! It really was a great time.
What fun, I love the picture of the two of you...Katie your picture matches your voice..I was so right when I imagined how you look..Connie, I've seen you before of course, and you both are lovely..
cj

I had such a great time and I'm still enjoying it through memories. Connie and Kim were so good to me and I was nice to share time and conversation with "people." I spend so much of my time alone, I felt emotionally nourished that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom