Kentucky Fried Chicken's NEW double down sandwich!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geez, why not just dip the whole thing in batter and fry it up as one big glob 'o death?

But I guess it's better than this gawdawful concoction, a bacon-cheeseburger with Crispy Kreme donuts for buns (a favorite of Paula Deen -- really!):

baconkryspy.jpg

YouTube - Paula Deen's heart attack

Geez, why not just dip the whole thing in batter and fry it up as one big glob 'o death?

But I guess it's better than this gawdawful concoction, a bacon-cheeseburger with Crispy Kreme donuts for buns (a favorite of <a href="http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f31/hey-yall-guess-whos-cooking-on-discuss-cooking-58634.html"><a href="http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f31/hey-yall-guess-whos-cooking-on-discuss-cooking-58634.html">Paula Deen</a></a> -- really!):

baconkryspy.jpg

That's me done for breakfast this morning :wacko: That's just way over the top!!

This reminds me of a The Onion article depicting an injunction that prevented KFC from advertising any of their products as food or edible because ""The word 'eat' is legally permissible only in reference to substances appropriate for human consumption."

KFC Estimates that calorie count for the sandwich is only 590 calories.
Only 590 calories? Do they say how many grams of fat? Or what percentage of the calories are nutritionally sound? That sandwich is a nightmare, two thin stips of chicken surrounded by a catastrophe of artery clogging fat. I hope it comes with a Surgeon General's warning.

To help out, hospital emergency rooms near any KFC restaurants could offer a special section. That way you can go and sign in, eat your sandwich in a nice little area with tables, and by the time you are done, they will be ready to see you and treat your heart attack before it gets worse. :LOL:

:)Barbara

According to THIS SITE, "A quick calculation using the nutritional information on KFC's Web site reveals the Double Down Chicken Sandwich to be about 858 calories and 62.4 grams of fat -- about the same amount of calories and more fat than Wendy's 1/3-pound Triple with cheese.

However, McDonald's is now claiming that it ain't really all that bad. KFC provided the following nutritional values for the magic sandwich: Calories: 590; Calories from fat: 280; Total fat: 31g; Saturated fat: 10g; Trans fat: 0g; and Cholesterol: 190mg.

G-d help me for saying this, but that chicken "sandwich" looks rather tasty, not that I would actually eat it. Well, maybe I would try 1, just for the novelty of it. The basic flavors are similar to my beloved Arby's Chicken Bacon 'N Swiss-- A breaded chicken breast, swiss cheese, thick cut pepper bacon and honey mustard.

However, as far as that cheeseburger-on-Krispy-Kreme (and Paula Deen's concoction) goes, there's only one thing I can say... :sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom