Ketchup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What brend of ketchup do you prefer:

• Del Monte

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Heinz

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Hunt's

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not like ketchup

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
I really don't like Heinz (i chose Hunt's) but i can say one good thing about it....It makes the chrome on my truck sparkle and shine better than and other cleaner (or ketchup) on the market! So every time i get the heinz ketchup packets, i use it for that.:)

Last edited:
I don't use ketchup very often, and when I do, I like to make my own. I mix tomato paste with a little water and then add whatever I have around, but the basics are: cider vinegar, honey or sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder.

Diana-Kate

Heinz rules, well I still don't like it. Actually in all the truth I should have voted for the "others" during the Passover time there is special Kosher for Passover ketchup that I like the best. It's like Del Monte but better. I need to start buying enough to last me a year.

Diana-Kate said:
I don't use ketchup very often, and when I do, I like to make my own. I mix tomato paste with a little water and then add whatever I have around, but the basics are: cider vinegar, honey or sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder.

Diana-Kate
Yes I like the homemade version, too... I also add some grated onion, just a pinch of clove... gives a nice flavour!

Heinz through and through!!!

I think I just about drove my mom and grandmothers to drink when I was a child, I wanted ketchup on everything (all three put their foot down on having it at the Thanksgiving and Christmas table :mad:). Though I've cut back over the years it still remains a firm favourite. Something (the prolific use of ketchup) my Italian hubby just chalks up to another "strange North American thing" as he dips his fries in mayo. Something I chalk up to another "strange European thing" (lovingly in both cases, I assure you) :mrgreen:

No, no sorry Andy, not a thing...:)

I just meant that as I never did it growing up (and honestly don't care for it). I just used it to as an example to say that it's about the equal to putting ketchup on things he deems as odd :blink:

Maybe there is a happy medium solution for you and Tony!! Mix the maionese and ketchup together and make a "salsa rosa" for your next "patatine"... the best of both worlds!!:mrgreen:

He likes that actually, thanks for the thought Licia...:)

Perhaps it's sort of a Canadian thing but I really like gravy on fries :D (The Quebec "treasure" poutine, being an example of what happens when gravy meets fries....In the states I've heard of a similar dish called "disco fries".)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom