Kingsford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Bring Back The OLD Kingsford

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
I DO NOT like the new kingsford. It burns too quick and produces too much ash. My local smoke store talked about lump charcoal instead. I have never used it before but I am interested. Few things I know is that it burns hotter. Would you set up your WSM the same when using lump when compared to the kingsford? For longer smokes would you still fill up the entire chamber and use the Minion Method?? Thanks for the info.

I'm very knew to the WSM. The other day I used it for the first time cooking a brisket. I loaded it up to the ring and placed a few chucks of hickory and then 15 kingsford briqettes to get the lump started. I started it at 5:55AM and at 8:00PM I still had a temperature of 225 or so. I had the point and flat separated. The flat was finished about 3 ish. The point later that day (can't remember when I pulled the point). I was amazed at how the WSM took care of itself as opposed to my offset smoker. Here are the pictures. They are also in a previous thread.

Re: Bring Back The OLD Kingsford

cleglue said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
I DO NOT like the new kingsford. It burns too quick and produces too much ash. My local smoke store talked about lump charcoal instead. I have never used it before but I am interested. Few things I know is that it burns hotter. Would you set up your WSM the same when using lump when compared to the kingsford? For longer smokes would you still fill up the entire chamber and use the Minion Method?? Thanks for the info.

I'm very knew to the WSM. The other day I used it for the first time cooking a brisket. I loaded it up to the ring and placed a few chucks of hickory and then 15 kingsford briqettes to get the lump started. I started it at 5:55AM and at 8:00PM I still had a temperature of 225 or so. I had the point and flat separated. The flat was finished about 3 ish. The point later that day (can't remember when I pulled the point). I was amazed at how the WSM took care of itself as opposed to my offset smoker. Here are the pictures. They are also in a previous thread.

Almost time to change that avatar then. 8-[

Finney said:
All I know is I had a sh1t... I mean boat load of ash in both cookers last weekend. I don't get that with good lump. 8-[

What's the big deal with the amount of ash? If it's not inhibiting the air flow or getting on the food what difference does it make? You guys are bitching to hear yourselves talk!

Sincerely,
Puff

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
All I know is I had a sh1t... I mean boat load of ash in both cookers last weekend. I don't get that with good lump. 8-[

What's the big deal with the amount of ash? If it's not inhibiting the air flow or getting on the food what difference does it make? You guys are bitching to hear yourselves talk!
Sincerely,
Puff

Sometimes when they have 3 posts in a row in the same thread, it looks like they are talking to themselves! #-o

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:

Sincerely,
Puff

It does inhibit air flow to a point.

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:

Sincerely,
Puff

If you let it. And depending on weather conditions, the ash could be an asset. :)

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2pahg5ll]
Finney said:

Sincerely,
Puff

If you let it. And depending on weather conditions, the ash could be an asset. :)[/quote:2pahg5ll]
You trying to start something boy?!?!?! [-X

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:

Sincerely,
Puff
HUH :eek:
Am I that bad.....WTF :eek:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
If Puff doesn't knock off his BS posts, I"M GOING TO HAVE A EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean B.S. posts? :eek:
Half of the guys here do them all the time :eek:

I AM SICK AND F*CKING TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT KINGSFORD. I THINK WE ALL GET IT. IF YOU LIKE IT...USE IT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT. NOW LET'S ALL SHUT THE F*#K UP! :ack:

OK, I've said it, I feel better.

Bruce B said:
I AM SICK AND F*CKING TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT KINGSFORD. I THINK WE ALL GET IT. IF YOU LIKE IT...USE IT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT. NOW LET'S ALL SHUT THE F*#K UP! :ack:

When the boss is away, the kids will play! The privledges of being a moderator, you just can't beat them!! But I do have to agree with Bruce on this though!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bruce B":p8g8ua6g]I AM SICK AND F*CKING TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT KINGSFORD. I THINK WE ALL GET IT. IF YOU LIKE IT...USE IT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T USE IT. NOW LET'S ALL SHUT THE F*#K UP! :ack:

When the boss is away, the kids will play! The privledges of being a moderator, you just can't beat them!! But I do have to agree with Bruce on this though![/quote:p8g8ua6g]

It had to be said and I didn't see anyone from "upper management" taking the lead. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom