Kingsford's new Competition Briquets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, man you get a "method" named after you or you broadcast a little BBQ radio show and all kinds of stuff gets sent to you, jeeesh. ;)

What's could possibly be new about "competition" briquettes? Are they marked with a "c" instead of a "k?" No offense to anyone involved but this sounds like a BS marketing scheme to me!!! I hope I'm wrong because I think Kingsford has a good product already.

img_177137_0_bfdba59c0c4ff8b67ca9a4dac3081d17.jpg

monty3777 said:
What's could possibly be new about "competition" briquettes? Are they marked with a "c" instead of a "k?" No offense to anyone involved but this sounds like a BS marketing scheme to me!!! I hope I'm wrong because I think Kingsford has a good product already.

I feel safe in saying that it is not a scheme, Monty. Chris Lilly has put his neck out for this and I can't imagine he's looking to wreck his good name and accomplishments for a scheme! :D

Monty
I have not burned any of it yet but the ingredient list is different.
Wood char, veg starch as binder and a fraction of 1% of the weight of briquet is borax it is used as agent to easy the release of the briquet from the press.

Until I cook on it I can't say any more.

If it is good as Rancher, and easy to find as well, I am happy. I only got 10 bags of Rancher left.

As usual I have probably shot my mouth (or keyboard) off prematurely. I suppose my reservations should be a complement to Kingsford because I'm skeptical that they can make a better product. I would LOVE to be proven wrong - that would mean an even BETTER product for me to use! 8)

Well think it must be a variant of that Old Coke..New Coke commotion they had a few years back. Everybody made money on that deal. Now will ghurantee the Kingsford briquettes available nowadays are pure crap compared to the same model back when I was a young whuppersnapper..now them was purty good. I suspect they just start making them the old way as when they had a decent product..Mark em as comp quality or Classic...and raise the price. That should work.

bigwheel

monty3777 said:

I can't wait till it is available so I can try for myself.....you impotent people make me jealous, getting to try stuff out before it is out :cry:

Bob In Fla. said:
[quote="Cliff H.":1qof7ryf]Why the phrase " Competition ".
That's what it says on the bag.

Who knows?

BOB[/quote:1qof7ryf]
Think it's called marketing. The commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product. :roll: ;) :LOL:

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom