Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon, Dies at 103

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon and Spartacus Star, Dies at 103

With over 92 acting credits, including some 75 movies, Douglas became a superstar even before the term was coined

By Stephen M. Silverman, Elizabeth Leonard and Alexia Fernandez February 05, 2020 01:14 PM

Kirk Douglas, one of the
leading stars of Hollywood’s golden age, has died. He was 103.

The Spartacus acting legend, who had been in good health since suffering a stroke in 1996, is survived by his wife of 65 years, Anne, and his sons Michael, Joel, and Peter.

“It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers and I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103,” Michael Douglas said in a statement to PEOPLE. “To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to.”

Michael continued, “But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, to Catherine, a wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchild their loving grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband.”

“Kirk’s life was well lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet,” Michael added. “Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son.”

In December, Michael, who followed in his father’s footsteps as an acting icon, became a Golden Globe nominee for The Kominsky Method as his father rang in his 103rd birthday.

To celebrate, Michael, 75, shared a sweet Instagram photo of his famous father and himself, thanking the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for nominating him on the same day as Kirk’s milestone birthday.

Read More >>> https://people.com/movies/kirk-douglas-dead/

So sorry to see him go, but you can't wish for much more than 103 years here on this planet....:wub: I imagine his wife will be well taken care of by the family. Gosh.....103....not many people get to claim that age. RIP Kirk..:wub:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom